NS server 25/25?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NS server 25/25?

we need more slots on the NS server.........discuss...
    And god said "LET THERE BE HALF-LIFE!" and so it was...

IMO - 18 is already too big. 9v9s are already hectic enough, and frankly it is a source of frustration for me when its 9v9 and full up players I have never seen before who dont cooperate (they aren't all bad dont get me wrong ;)). Between 6v6 and 8v8 I find is ideal for me.

Not to mention, the performance of the server would probably decrease a noticable amount with an extra load of that many players.

I love gaming, mmmmmmmm

Comment

Re: ...

Originally posted by Polska
      IMO - 18 is already too big. 9v9s are already hectic enough, and frankly it is a source of frustration for me when its 9v9 and full up players I have never seen before who dont cooperate (they aren't all bad dont get me wrong ;)). Between 6v6 and 8v8 I find is ideal for me.

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

Not to mention, the performance of the server would probably decrease a noticable amount with an extra load of that many players.
        i think that would hurt it alot, at 18/18 it spikes upto two hundreds sometimes..

Comment

Originally posted by jackel
          i think that would hurt it alot, at 18/18 it spikes upto two hundreds sometimes..
          stop looking at the scoreboard and start shooting and biting.

Comment

I disagree. 9v9 is plenty. More than that and you lose teamwork.

Wyzcrak
            Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

have you guys actually played a 25 game server... it is absolute chaos.

you cant do anything... its more like a free for all...

except if your a kill hog like me... you just appreciate it all that much more...

but in my opinion what we have now is perfect...

Comment

Yes, I have played on a 25 person server, and it's ... well.. it gets old fast. It's like CS with really annoying voicecomm.

Wyzcrak

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Originally posted by Wyzcrak
                  Yes, I have played on a 25 person server, and it's ... well.. it gets old fast. It's like CS with really annoying voicecomm.

Wyzcrak
                  lol ok ok well i guess i'm outvoted. I only brought this up bc a few times i could not get into the server at all for hours bc of the limit.
                  And god said "LET THERE BE HALF-LIFE!" and so it was...

Comment

get a reserved slot :)

Comment

Originally posted by Emanon

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

Yeah, a reserved slot would fix that =P

Comment

Originally posted by Tempus
                          Originally posted by Emanon
                          Adding my 2 coppers. :)
                          I do what I can.

cpgf: (n.) Acronym describing a significant other who has not yet acheived full spousal status and is in possession of a cable modem; of note because at YOUR house, you still have dial-up -- and crappy dialup at that.

Comment

Originally posted by AreYouBreathing?
                            Yeah, a reserved slot would fix that =P

Comment

What they all said :)
                              I am the one, I am the zero, I am your low resolution hero.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X