Request for "custom" maps on server

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Request for "custom" maps on server

What's the chance of getting ns_agora and ns_mineshaft up on the server? They were always goodtimes. Well maybe not mineshaft, but just for old times' sake.

Re: Request for "custom" maps on server

I can't ignore the bitching that happens every time the one custom map we presently have hits the server.
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

And now you can't ignore the bitching that there aren't enough custom maps on the server.

:D

Comment

well I thought these would bring a little more variety without all the whining because people know the maps.

Comment

Id love to see some of the new maps that are being circulated in the NS forums, some of them look real nice, dont know the names but im sure if u go into the NS forums you can find some real nice ones.
          Oyee

Comment

Originally posted by rs_al
            well I thought these would bring a little more variety without all the whining because people know the maps.
            Relevant point.

Let's see how this idea is received.
            Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

amx_nonewmaps 1.

Comment

I'm up for new maps and like rampage quite a bit. I didn't hate mineshaft when it was the cool thing to do, but don't remember agora by name.

I think the reason people hate new maps is because we like to refer to rooms by name, especially as comm. With new maps (and w/o labeled minimaps) this breaks down a lot of the teamwork. It's sort of become a style around here not to give waypoints every which way for every player. That's part of it.

Comment

Originally posted by HairyNevus
                  I think the reason people hate new maps is because we like to refer to rooms by name, especially as comm. With new maps (and w/o labeled minimaps) this breaks down a lot of the teamwork. It's sort of become a style around here not to give waypoints every which way for every player. That's part of it.
                  In that case bring on the new maps. It will help people understand just how lost us noobs get :icon12:

Root
                  BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

Originally posted by Wyzcrak
                    I can't ignore the bitching that happens every time the one custom map we presently have hits the server.
                    Whoo man. Sure al made a valid point just after this statement, but the above holds just a little too true.

Personally, I'd live to see more custom maps on the server. The limited rotation gets to me sometimes. The trick is though, there's an absolute loathing that rolls around when anything besides the six or so main maps we play come up. People whine like three-year-olds when eon or rampage or ayumi or metal happen, and three of those four are "stock" maps for NS.

If everyone would promise to pipe down and take thier medicine, I'd install a new map every night. But if people are going to whine -- or worse, drop -- when something that isn't ns_veil comes up, then it's not worth the trouble to the server.
                    [volun2]
                    NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
                    Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
                    <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
                    <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Comment

Re: Request for &quot;custom&quot; maps on server

Well it is a good point, a lot of people don't like custom maps, and there are times where something familiar is nice. If we had 2 servers... :P

I wouldn't worry about adding the maps to the server, if you think they will be really unpopular. I was thinking the maps would be good for player votes, but now that I think about it there are no player votes on TG (aside from votemap, which isn't exactly the most easy-to-use thing around).

Also, I'm actually working on my own public server, and I'm thinking it will have plenty of custom maps in the rotation. But of course it will never have all the great TG players :) such is life.

Comment

Custom maps are nice, like all things, in moderation.
                        a.k.a. NinjaPirateAssassin
                        Celibacy is not Hereditary.
                        Everybody should believe in something - I believe I'll have another drink.
                        Happiness is like wetting your pants, everyone can see it but only you can feel the warmth.
                        Flying is easy, Just throw yourself at the ground and miss!

Comment

Just as long as there "finsihed" maps, i dont like the "Work in progress; Beta 99 (Its got one or two kinks but itll finish)" maps, more so if its got exploites... Dont like people like me that use errors in the map to there advantage.
                          Oyee

Comment

ns_beemerseige ftw!

To be honest I love trying new maps, especially ones no one has played before because it makes for very odd and usually fun games. How about having a regular rotation with no custom maps, and being able to votemap certain custom maps that aren't as popular. This eliminates (or at least lowers) the whining factor because the custom map had to be voted on...

Comment

I'm still stuck on the idea of event nights like TGNS used to have back when I first started here. What if we had a custom map night, where the rotation was temporarily changed to include custom maps? (Or maybe consist solely of them, if we get enough) It would only be a night, and probably only a few hours of said night.

This would serve two purposes... it would be a (hopefully fun) departure from our everyday routine, and it would allow a number of people to review the maps at once, which could possibly lead to a custom map making the everyday rotation.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X