Errrr...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Errrr...

Is there any reason OTHER than cheats that would let me see through walls? I tried playing today and I could see through a lot of the walls. Some objects were just missing, but most of the textures were partially transparent..

Naturally, I can't really play like this...
    Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

now i wonder why ppl would use wallhack cheats when all the comm had to do was to research motion tracking?

Comment

I don't understand...

Comment

was this on your computer or just another pic from another place?

PS: hopefully it's the latter

edit:
        except, that's from our own TG ns

Comment

No.. This is on my machine. Hence the question. I've got nothing installed on my machine, never have. I updated CD today and hopped onto CS and that's what I saw. I disconnected and re-connected and still got the same thing. I'm not sure if it's CD related or not, or if it's a known NS issue with some hardware configs..

So..

Is there any reason OTHER than cheats that would let me see through walls?

Comment

Not that I know of, Apophis. :/

Wyzcrak
            Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

i'd try reinstalling NS again, maybe it was a bad install and you dont have all the sprites/models/whatever or corrupt versons of them..

Comment

Har Har, Apophis hacks!

Comment

This explains why he used to always destroy me in CS...
                  Become a supporting member!
                  Buy a Tactical Duck!
                  Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                  TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

LOL... I'm going to try re-installing tonight. I just checked out CS and it's completely normal, but then again, I'm playing that via Steam and NS via a normal Half-Life install.

And no.. I don't use Yahoo messenger.

Comment

Maybe its a driver issue with your video card... ?

If CD isnt detecting any cheats on your system, then its probably a driver issue.

Comment

Originally posted by jackel
                        i'd try reinstalling NS again, maybe it was a bad install and you dont have all the sprites/models/whatever or corrupt versons of them..
                        If that was the case, then the game wouldnt load. Thats just the way the HL engine works. It takes your files on your system and compares them to what the server has, if anything is off then it rejects you from the server... or it will download the files for you, depending on if its in a wad file or not. Thats why I dont think he is missing any files thats its probably a video card driver issue.

Comment

Hmm. I have the latest Detonator drivers for my GF4. I did kind of do a manual DirectX 9.1 -> 8.2 downgrade on my machine a few days ago, but I don't think that would affect NS in any way.

Hrmph..

Comment

Originally posted by _Ender_
                            Originally posted by jackel
                            If that was the case, then the game wouldnt load. Thats just the way the HL engine works. It takes your files on your system and compares them to what the server has, if anything is off then it rejects you from the server... or it will download the files for you, depending on if its in a wad file or not. Thats why I dont think he is missing any files thats its probably a video card driver issue.
                            If what you're talking about is what I'm familiar with, it is only enforced in NS when mp_consistency is set to 1 on the server. The mp_consistency variable is broken in NS 2.01, so the files are not checked.

Wyzcrak
                            Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

What video mode are you running in? D3D or OpenGL?
                              I am the one, I am the zero, I am your low resolution hero.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X