points reset?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• points reset?

When I was on the server earlier today, a bunch of us noticed that our point count had been wiped or reset or something. Did somebody set us up the bomb?
    Cool! Personalized plates! Barclay, Barry, Bert, Bort...come on...Bort?

Re: points reset?

I know of no such move.

It will likely be Monday before I can look into this.
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Poker reminded me about something, and he's hit the nail on the head. I know what caused this.

I recently found a bug in the points system. A major design flaw, in fact, which I adopted from other AMXX code (I wonder how much else of AMXX is bugged in this fashion).

Points are tracked by SteamID. The plugin was storing SteamID as a 16-character string. For most players, that was sufficient. But some players (including zib) have a SteamID with more than 16 characters.

I've fixed the bug, but points tracked using the old, truncated SteamID will not be automatically associated with your new, corrected SteamID. I can manually add your old points to your new points, though, if you'll send me a PM requesting I do so. Such PMs must include your SteamID. Obviously, do not PM me unless you've lost points.

This also could have caused two people sharing SteamIDs with identical first 16 characters to influence each others' points values. That's quite unlikely to have occured, but it was possible and now is not.
      Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Originally posted by Wyzcrak
        Points are tracked by SteamID. The plugin was storing SteamID as a 16-character string. For most players, that was sufficient. But some players (including zib) have a SteamID with more than 16 characters.
        I also noticed this working on my own AMXX stuff. Luckily I was designing the database first and took the time to look it up then :). Obviously they didn't plan on the future of steam (ID's are assigned sequentially) so they probably worked fine until someone subscribed to steam and got assigned a long enough number.

Comment

Steam_0:1:1134665

I think I was down to ~2000 (was at ~5800 for a while before slot reservation took my points). Keres was going to give me enough points for a tagline, but then hers disappeared too.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X