3 hive comeback.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3 hive comeback.

I just witnesed what I have been saying all along after the alien team has 3 hives up marines can still win the game, the moral has to be high though as I saw and everyone just needs to push together teamfully you don't even have to be that good as long as lots of teamwork is involved and everyone communicates it can be done.

SO THERE I SAID IT, and I was right.

to whomever said that its impossible I say good day to you sir... good day.
    (\_/)
    (O.x)
    (> <) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.

Re: 3 hive comeback.

I think there is more to the 3 hive situation then just 3 hives.

For an alien team to be in the position to get 3 hives, they probably have several higher lifeforms, and substantial control of the mapís resources.

Just look at the game you are referring to, the aliens destroyed out base in the process of us making our second hive kill. I think your post is misleading.... marines didn't win.

Had we won that game, it would have been due to both a miracle and a huge mistake on the alien team. A few mistakes the aliens could have made that they didnít in this particular game would be not rebuilding a hive and not pressuring marines start. The aliens rebuilt the first hive we killed quickly and pressured our base effectively. Because of that I at no time thought we had a chance to win that game. But it was satisfying and enjoyable.

It shouldnít take mistakes on the alien part, but instead solid marine play to win a game. Unfortunately that is where NS is right now.
    Steam Community: | |

Comment

You still lost.

Comment

Not to short-change your victory, but aliens losing a three-hive game is more an issue or poor end-game alien communication than any marine skill. Although, even with incompetant aliens, you'd have to be a damn motivated team to pull it off.

Comment

The only option I can see for winning in that situation would be a double ninja seige. If you could seige down 2 hive at once, you'd make all those higher life forms useless almost. And with a great deal of patience, a good diversion, and average skill, it is in the obtainable range of possible. All it would take would be for the kharaa team to get caught up in destroying something, a frequent occurance.
          "Chance favors the prepared mind" -Sir Isaac Newton

Comment

Ive seen 7 hives go up and rines take them out, and each hive was up completely before it was taken down. Now that was a game...
            Oyee

Comment

Originally posted by Enigma
              You still lost.
              you're still a poopyhead

the point was that even at three hives, the aliens can be hurt badly, and most people on this server give up once the second hive is up. the only time i see marines push after two hives is with wyzcomm and only because he gets more respect and people have more faith in him that other commanders. we should have more faith in the commander and team abilities even when it looks like a 'lost' game.

Comment

Originally posted by micr0c0sm
                you're still a poopyhead

the point was that even at three hives, the aliens can be hurt badly, and most people on this server give up once the second hive is up. the only time i see marines push after two hives is with wyzcomm and only because he gets more respect and people have more faith in him that other commanders. we should have more faith in the commander and team abilities even when it looks like a 'lost' game.
                I agree that there is a problem of giving up. While I usually have a feeling of hopelessness with the arrival of the 2nd hive, I try not to let it change the effort I put into my play.
                Steam Community: | |

Comment

Originally posted by micr0c0sm
                  and most people on this server give up once the second hive is up.
                  Thats exactly what I was meaning. Not that we lost that we still got the hives down.
                  (\_/)
                  (O.x)
                  (> <) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.

Comment

Getting the 3rd hive down when your a marine is one heck of a task, but do-able. I've lost at least 3 alien games when we had 3 hives completed. I've won one or more games as marine when the aliens had 3 hives up. Abiet, one of their hives went down around 30 seconds after the 3rd one went up, but still, they were xenoing my Heavy Train when they were taking down the hive. With a weakened Kahraa economy and my heavy trained, my team domonated. They went and seiged down the 2nd hive, and walked into their 3rd hive, and the fourth hive, because they got one of the hives going back up(didn't get completed).

Comment

Are we going to have to have a post everytime your right about something..so..once a year or something?

Comment

For the record, I did comm a three hive comeback last night. We had acid, xeno, the works.

Marines walked away victorious. yay.
                        Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Originally posted by [D.I]WILDCHILD
                          Are we going to have to have a post everytime your right about something..so..once a year or something?
                          Yes, because I will spam you to death. FATSPAM for you good sir

http://www.viterbo.edu/students/I%20Am%20Spam.JPG
                          note: I found that searching google for tbears mom.
                          (\_/)
                          (O.x)

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                          X