:( sick of the chair.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• :( sick of the chair.

It seems every time I get in the chair I have people that command things such as a second ip, a armory, etc when Im trying a strat. Why is it that Ive done this and pulled it off and I've seen others do it and pull it off but yet some random people start yelling and I can't get them to close there mouth without raising mine?

I'm just not going to com because as I've seen it takes a asseritive attitude that either apparntely I do not hold on this server yet and I hold on a random pub Im confused.

Please do not respond with good, we don't want you to com because at the moment I'm very upset about this, Im sorry to my team who I raised my voice to but I was very aggravated and I did get you guys to do stuff afterwards but at that point it was useless.
    (\_/)
    (O.x)
    (> <) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.

Re: :( sick of the chair.

On this server, nobody should be questioning the comm.. We're all supposed to be well past that stage.

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

Originally posted by Tempus
      On this server, nobody should be questioning the comm.. We're all supposed to be well past that stage.

It seems that I am the only one anyone questions.
      (\_/)
      (O.x)
      (> <) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.

Comment

No you arn't, but the more you win, the more respect you seem to get, which is, not right, but natural, considering if you listened to the one you got you into trouble in real life, you wouldn't listen to them in the future. Not quite the same on NS but still, something that i think we need to work on.

Comment

You seem to be quite a competent comm. Perhaps your unorthodox approach (waiting to build 2nd ip, or what ever it may be) makes people nervous.

There are a lot of experienced and savvy players on the server... it may take some time to gain their respect. Don't give up.
          Steam Community: | |

Comment

Dont take it from them, with a firm, yet polite voice, say, this is what im going to do.
            Oyee

Comment

There are times in the game when certain needs become evident. If there are more than 6 people on the team, and four are dead, a second IP should be whispering sweet nothings in your ear. If you've got more than 40 res and aren't saving for a JP or HA push, there's probably an upgrade you should be clicking on.

That said, you may have different plans for the situations at hand. As marine games go, such situations deviate far enough from the norm that they'd need to be explained to be believed, and successfully executed to be respected.

This is a treatise on comming in general: to my knowledge, I've never seen you comm, HiJack, so please don't take any of this personally. Marine tech has a pretty clearly delineated path, and even people who have been on that path since NS was in diapers sometimes need to be reminded of how it works, so marines on the ground will often tell anyone who's listening about what they think of the current situation. The only times I hear silence on the marine team is when we're utterly dominating or being utterly dominated.

If you've got an unorthodox plan that strays from the norm, take the time to explain it. Let people know why you're not spending res on X, as you need it for Y. But remember that the marines on the field need to be in sync with you and your goals, and vice versa. If a marine is asking for something, go back to the root cause of the request: Is he asking for Armor1 because he's concerned about the overage of res in the bank? Or is he asking because the team is getting raped by skulk after skulk, and extra armor will help mitigate that? Whatever the case, recognize it, acknowledge it, and address it in terms of your shiny new plan. The grunts on the ground want to win, just like you, and they (generally) think in terms of a smaller picture. It's your job to broaden that picture, and to make the marines aware of HOW and WHY the big picture looks like it does.
              [volun2]
              NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
              Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
              <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
              <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Comment

You have to gain the respect of the team if you want to be respected as a comm like infro said. And if you think you know what you are doing and others arent listening to you yell in the mic and speak your mind. I just started to hop back in the comm chair and I noticed that people do what I say when I yell at them and repeat it a millions times. This tactic works for me.

Comment

Tell the marine demanding that you do something to shove it politely. I personally love commanding on those massive 24+ player servers, building one IP, then telling everyone not to act stupid, because they'll spend some time in the spawn queue if they do. It's amazing how much improvement you see in your marines at that point. If you have a sound understanding of the game concept, you can alter the game build as you see fit during the course of a game. While it's easy to miss something as a commander, if you know what you're doing and a marine attempts to alter that plan, tell them you know what you're doing, and to let you do your job. Nothing I hate more than backseat commanders that won't shut it after you tell them you don't require their "assistance".

Comment

I say just stay calm,gamers are like dogs..they smell fear and they pounce....I promise you we have all had the same experiance you had..issue a few basic commands and let the team know you ahve your own ideas and plans and ask them to stick with you on them..let them know you are depending on them to help you make something work.......respond quickly to med and ammo pack calls..this will set em off/frustrate them faster than anything else and they will stop responding to you..show the team progress and strong leadership and they will never question you..well..except Enigma..HE NEVER FOLLOWS ORDERS.....and he scripts....and he smells funny

Comment

Just tell them that you have a plan, and explain the plan to them politely. We are mature enough to accept it but you must be assertive and communicative.

Comment

There are two common reasons I've seen for marines to bug the comm:

1) (to put it bluntly) they think the comm is doing something stupid. I'm not saying that the comm actually is doing something stupid, just that he appears to be doing such. The easiest remidy for this is to make sure the marines know that you're doing what you're doing for a good reason.

2) they think you didn't notice something. The single most common mistake for comms in NS is loss of situational awareness. The comm get's caught up in something, and ignores something else. On pubs, where the marines situational awareness is generally not that high, marines won't tell you to do things, becuase they just don't notice things. On the TG server, almost everyone has a pretty good situational awareness. So, when they see something that it looks like the comm simply forgot (such as to drop another IP) they tell the comm.

All that said, I'm a really bad case of a noisy marine, and I've been trying to get better. I'm sorry for all those comms I've bugged. And I'll make a specific note to stay pretty quite while you comm hijak.
                        "Chance favors the prepared mind" -Sir Isaac Newton

Comment

HEY NOW... stop the horses one minute.

There should be under NO circumstances players telling the com what to do UNLESS HE ASKS THEM FOR HELP... just as tempus said, this servers core rules require you to fallow and listen to the coms orders regardless.

Officialy, if I get word of this and I happen to have admin on the server at the time... A TALESIN I WILL BE.
                          USAR

Comment

Oh, we all follow and listen to the comm. Some of us just sort of expect the comm to listen to us as well..
                            "Chance favors the prepared mind" -Sir Isaac Newton

Comment

Originally posted by squeak
                              HEY NOW... stop the horses one minute.

There should be under NO circumstances players telling the com what to do UNLESS HE ASKS THEM FOR HELP... just as tempus said, this servers core rules require you to fallow and listen to the coms orders regardless.

Officialy, if I get word of this and I happen to have admin on the server at the time... A TALESIN I WILL BE.
                              I think you're reaching a bit on your Talesin-ness, squeak. :)

There's a line between "Is armor 2 coming?" and "Upgrade the damn armory". There are a LOT of people who -- rightfully -- try to nudge the comm's actions in one way or another. If someone is badgering the comm about it, then whip out the kick-stick, but otherwise, recognize that grunts ask for stuff all the time. It's really HOW they ask that makes the action questionable.
                              [volun2]
                              NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
                              Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
                              <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
                              <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X