Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Server updated to 3.0.4 (no client update required)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Server updated to 3.0.4 (no client update required)

We're pleased to announce the release of Natural Selection v3.0.4. As with NS 3.0.3 and the other previous server-side updates, this patch only needs to be downloaded by server admins. If you don't run a server, you don't need to update. This patch includes all previous NS v3.0.x changes as well.

The NS v3.0.4 changelog is as follows:
    - Increased alien upgrade gestation time from two to three seconds.
    - Doubled the marine's Light MachineGun starting reserve ammo to 100. (Classic only)
    - Doubled the marine's Pistol starting reserve ammo to 20. (Classic only)
    - Reduced time to research the advanced armory from 180 to 160 seconds.
    - Increased HeavyArmor research time from 100 to 110 seconds.
    - Increased Jetpack research time from 50 to 60 seconds.
    - Increased siege damage from 380 to 400.
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Re: Server updated to 3.0.4 (no client update required)

You are too fast...
    Steam Community: | |

Comment

Looks good in theory.

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

So did communism.

Good jerb, though.

Comment

Originally posted by Wyzcrak
          - Doubled the marine's Light MachineGun starting reserve ammo to 100. (Classic only)
          I think this will be excellent. Not only will this reduce the res required to drop ammo in the early game, but it will *hopefully* convince people that they don't need to run to the armory after every respawn.

Comment

This update looks great, now i can just run off and kill things, i always run out if i just leave, and die if i get more then 100, so i will be all set. :)

Side note

only 5 mins after i posted that it was out in "My tourney team." Thread. did you read that post or had you visted the NS homepage?
            Current game name : Lost, Phantom Thief

Comment

paranoid alerted me to the release.

Comment

Originally posted by rs_j
                I think this will be excellent. Not only will this reduce the res required to drop ammo in the early game, but it will *hopefully* convince people that they don't need to run to the armory after every respawn.
                I think this is a dumbing down of the game. Now it's an easier choice to go without an armory early on. Why not just give the marines unlimited ammo? :icon_roll

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

It's not about the armory.

The dev team is trying to balance the field, not marine spawn.

This raises the odds that aliens will die in the field. It raises these odds ever so slightly, which is the amount by which you change things when you're searching for balance among and between sooooo many variables.

Comment

Originally posted by Tempus
                    I think this is a dumbing down of the game. Now it's an easier choice to go without an armory early on.
                    No armory strat ftw. Judging by how the majority of games proceed, you need to have either weapon/armor upgrades going, or motion going, or phase tech going. The armory does not have the sole purpose of giving ammo to marines. Consider that an added bonus.

Comment

You still need tha armory early to build the more advanced buildings. However I really don't like the jump in seige damage.
                      RX-78-2 Gundam EFSF Protoype Close Combat Mobile Suit Armor: Luna Titanium Armament: 2x Beam Sabers, 2x 60mm Head vulcan guns 380mm Hyper bazooka, Beam Rifle, Beam Javelin, Hyper Hammer, Gundam Hammer, shield
                      TG Natural Selection admin. Need anything PM me.
                      7th Infantry FTW!!!!!
                      "Snob? Nah...I consider myself more of a PC Evangelist...converting the heathens to The Way." Prophaniti
                      "Windows is like Pokemon you gotta catch'em all." kenshinsama1

[tg-c1]

Comment

I like the increase in seige damage, considering they took out the splash damage in this build, making seiging with few seiges difficult (do to gorge healing).
                        "Chance favors the prepared mind" -Sir Isaac Newton

Comment

Originally posted by Wyzcrak
                          It's not about the armory.

The dev team is trying to balance the field, not marine spawn.

This raises the odds that aliens will die in the field. It raises these odds ever so slightly, which is the amount by which you change things when you're searching for balance among and between sooooo many variables.
                          Actually... its meant to keep players from humping and to save res from ammo drops :D (this is from the dev team).
                          USAR

Comment

Originally posted by RGM-79N_GM_CUstom
                            ...However I really don't like the jump in seige damage.
                            Niether do I. We'll have to see how it plays out though.
                            birdie_in_Texas:ok..i feel stupid here..what is "NS"..? Wyzcrak:Natural Selection. Don't feel at a loss for not knowing the acronym. Feel at a loss for not having experienced the game.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                            X