No announcement yet.

New NS Gaming machine!!!

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New NS Gaming machine!!!

Okay, so i didnt really pay any attention to what i was getting myself into. Ive got a Pentium 4 processer with 512 ram and a BFG GeForce FX 5500 OC. NS looks great and all, and theres only so much you can do the the HL engine, but with the high poly models ive got it lags every once and a while.

So, i went out and bought a new Graphics Card, a XFX GeForce 6800 AGP8X. But i failed to remember that my AGP was only 4X, meaning i wouldnt get the performace i could have. But that wasnt it. The card requires a 300 Watt power supply... Once again i failed to relize my mistake in not researching before buying. I only had a 170 watt, so it didnt want to work well, mainly in part of the 3 harddrives, 2 CD/DVD roms, and extra fans to cool my PC.

So i decided, might as well just get a new computer, mines slow, can RAM upgrades on PC1066 is real expensive.

So im building a computer...
    Chaintech S1689 Socket 939 ATX Motherboard
    AMD Athlon 64 3200+ Processor
    Ultra Fire Copper CPU Cooling Fan
    Corsair Dual Channel 2048MB PC3200 DDR
    2 40gig Maxtor 7200rpm HHD Raid 0
    1 3ogig Maxtor 5200rpm IDE
    1 52X CD-ROM, from my old computer
    1 48X CD-RW, from my old computer
    XFX GeForce 6800
    Black 3.5" Floppy
    MGE Viper Case: BUILT FOR ME!!!!

Links to what im getting:

I really like this case, anyone know why? (Edit: Hurray, im going to get this too!!!)

Its all around 500 bucks, and the money really isnt even mine... So im not really loosing anything. Im hoping this will be in my house and working before the tourny. If not ill use the computer im on now with default models.

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Twitter Feed