White Hawk Up.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• White Hawk Up.

Lmao, saw some one on the server with this name, I laughed. What a great name.

Thought I'd share =P

Interesting, I just saw that and had quite the opposite reaction. That name just screams "I need attention, and I'm going to get it at any cost." Make no mistake, it is creative, but...

The event that his name alludes to isn't something that is so easily laughed about, in any way, when you put yourself into the shoes of the people involved in that conflict.

Sometimes I ... see player names and think... is that the best you could do?

Wyzcrak
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

What do you expect from a bunch of cretins with the intelligence level of a 4 year old? Thats pretty much all these people who create these types of names are. Morons who need attention and will do anything to get it.

I say, if you see him again, remove him from the server. We dont need that type of childish BS (there happy wyzcrak?) here.

Comment

Eh

As long as it isn't a racial slur, I don't see any wrong in choosing a name like that.

For example, maybe a screen name like BattleOfTheNuts that makes a comedic reference to Battle of the Bulge. Is that person making fun of those that lost their lives to the German counter-offense? Not really. Or how about OperationOliveGarden? Or how about BattleOfTheCoralJewelry?

As a history buff myself, I strongly believe in remembering the past. However, I think we need to step away from the morbid thoughts every time someone mentions a past event or uses it as part of a name.

Just my thoughts, take them as you please.

Comment

Well said, I suppose. I guess that embodies the idea behind my thinking when I chose to not take action on the name.

Wyzcrak
          Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

and again, James stands alone..

Comment

I'm with Wyzcrak. A handle that's obviously meant to be provocative is not conducive to a happy gaming atmosphere. Somebody will likely be offended, and that should always be considered when choosing a handle. "Is that the best you could do?" is dead-on.
              "Hardly used" will not fetch a better price for your brain.

Comment

Some are funny, some are idotic, I really don't care unless it breaks the language rules, can't be pronounced with less than 20 syllables, or means nothing whatsoever.
                I am the one, I am the zero, I am your low resolution hero.

Comment

I don't care about the name either way, but let's be careful of becoming too anal or PC about this. It's just a play on a name of a movie. Nearly any name has the potential to upset someone's delicate sensibilities.

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

I'm more looking out for the guy, because once some of these military guys we have playing on here see him, they will go off on him.

So call it a public service from me to you.. or him.. who ever it is..

I can laugh at some of this too (not white hawk up though, i just dont find it funny). BattleOfTheNuts is funny as hell tho.

Comment

took me a while to get it.. o.O;
                      I sorta follow along with bentley
                      but yeah there are some names that you just shouldn't use.

Comment

omg! tempus rearranged is septum, i am offended!
                        :D Tempus shall be hearafter refered to as Septum! Someone change his forum account! :D
                        I am the one, I am the zero, I am your low resolution hero.

Comment

I am the rare-skilled 1337 sniper of all times. ph3ar me.

Comment

Originally posted by Bentley
                            omg! tempus rearranged is septum, i am offended!
                            :D Tempus shall be hearafter refered to as Septum! Someone change his forum account! :D

lol thats great but good luck

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfie
                              Eh

As long as it isn't a racial slur, I don't see any wrong in choosing a name like that.

For example, maybe a screen name like BattleOfTheNuts that makes a comedic reference to Battle of the Bulge. Is that person making fun of those that lost their lives to the German counter-offense? Not really. Or how about OperationOliveGarden? Or how about BattleOfTheCoralJewelry?

As a history buff myself, I strongly believe in remembering the past. However, I think we need to step away from the morbid thoughts every time someone mentions a past event or uses it as part of a name.

Just my thoughts, take them as you please.
                              :( brilliant :(

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X