Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interesting 1.04...

http://www.modns.org/forums/index.ph...opic=1685&st=0

its a plugin that makes many game changes to make 3.0 closer to 1.04.

ill try it out and report what i find. in general the guy coding it says it makes the games about 2x longer, and more back-and-forth struggles.

I remember 4+ hour games on 2.01 (rare but happened twice). In general a 45 minute round was really fun.

Re: Interesting 1.04...

3 hour subspace holdout ftw.

oh man.. good times...
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Perhaps we could try this out as some sort of scheduled special event. Like the crazy relocation thing we did at one time.
      Steam Community: | |

Comment

Kool, sounds like fun!
        Oyee

Comment

I find it odd that a lot of the community still idolizes 1.04. I remember playing way back, and it wasn't as much fun as people sometimes make it out to be.

Originally posted by kormendi
          Perhaps we could try this out as some sort of scheduled special event. Like the crazy relocation thing we did at one time.
          I think that'd be pretty cool, for nostalgia's sake at least.

Comment

Originally posted by Boomstick
            I find it odd that a lot of the community still idolizes 1.04. I remember playing way back, and it wasn't as much fun as people sometimes make it out to be.

I think that'd be pretty cool, for nostalgia's sake at least.
            1.04 is when a WHOLE lot of us first cut our teeth on NS. You always look back fondly on your beginnings... if they weren't fond memories, you probably wouldn't be playing 3.0 now, after all. :)
            [volun2]
            NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
            Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
            <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
            <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Comment

I will definatly be there if 1.04 came back :P

Comment

Originally posted by Boomstick

While I have fond memories of 1.04, it blows me away at how many people post in the NS.com forum stating that they want it back to the way 1.04 was.

I have played on Bry's 1.04 server when he had help special events, and it was almost painful to play. 1.04 was a good game, but in comparison to 3.0 its just not up to par.

The plugins for 3.0 interest me because they keep the improvements that 3.0 has given to NS while modifying some of the gameplay to be more like 1.04.
                Steam Community: | |

Comment

Jet pack HMG rush FTW!!

Comment

Originally posted by kormendi
                    The plugins for 3.0 interest me because they keep the improvements that 3.0 has given to NS while modifying some of the gameplay to be more like 1.04.
                    Bingo. Id like to see the older balance features, but keep the same bug/improvement fixes.
                    USAR

Comment

Whats the difference between 1.04 and 3.0?

Comment

Originally posted by Karkianman101
                        Whats the difference between 1.04 and 3.0?
                        Well, you see, at "night", it's dark, and during the "day", it's bright. Same sky, TOTALLY DIFFERENT THINGS. :D
                        [volun2]
                        Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.

Comment

To kill a hive, you gave your best marine a JP/HMG with level 3 weapons.
                          To kill two hives, you have your best marine a JP/HMG with level 3 weapons/level 3 armor, and a few med packs and ammo packs.
                          To get an onos, you got three hives.
                          To get a fade, you got two hives.
                          To get nodes, and hives, you got, one gorge. thats right, only 1 gorge, no more, no less.

Comment

Originally posted by Infro
                            To get nodes, and hives, you got, one gorge. thats right, only 1 gorge, no more, no less.
                            And man oh man, if you went gorge without asking... hell hath no fury like people yelling at the second gorge.
                            [volun2]

Comment

Sooo... whats the difference between them? :P

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed