Well that was interesting....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well that was interesting....

I got forced into the comm chair tonight. It was quite an experience ;)

Root
    BFCL TF2 league admin

Re: Well that was interesting....

An everlovin' riot in there, isn't it? :D

There's a lot to learn from that view. Three years and I'm still not thinking fast enough for it, usually.
    [volun2]
    NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
    Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
    <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
    <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Comment

Not to discourage you, but you got very lucky on that game. We all ran to cargo, and fusion was their hive. I ran in there and spawncamped the entire dead alien team for about 30 seconds, then the rest of the team ran in and we LMG'd the hive down. If the hive had been waste or satcom we probally would have lost.

Comment

Why don't you go find another parade to rain on, Enigma? :p Actually, I was on the recieving end of that rush. Without meds and ammo you would have lost...so now Root is an integral part of your win. :O

Oh, and good job.

Spawn camping for the lose.

Comment

Interesting duel accounts of the same event.

Words. I play with them for fun.
          Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Not really, we might have had an armory up at cargo (I don't remember), so one or two marines could have stayed in the hive and camped aliens, while the rest of the team ran back for ammo, repeat.

Okay, now I'm just arguing for the sake of arguing.

Comment

Good job Root. Commanding is definitely a trial by fire.
              It takes balls to get in the comm chair at first.
              Which is why you don't see Enigma in there too often.

And oh yeah.............................

BBBUUUUURRRRNNNNN

Comment

Originally posted by snappy
                Which is why you don't see Enigma in there too often
                I'd comment, but then I'd be a hypocrite, too. =\

If you take an interest to practicing commanding more often, Root, just join some day when there are few players and say you want to try it out. We'll have a non-serious game and I'll fade so you will probably win.

Comment

Originally posted by snappy
                  Good job Root. Commanding is definitely a trial by fire.
                  It takes balls to get in the comm chair at first.
                  Which is why you don't see Enigma in there too often.

And oh yeah.............................

BBBUUUUURRRRNNNNN
                  you got ownt.

Comment

Originally posted by Enigma
                    Not to discourage you, but you got very lucky on that game. We all ran to cargo, and fusion was their hive. I ran in there and spawncamped the entire dead alien team for about 30 seconds, then the rest of the team ran in and we LMG'd the hive down. If the hive had been waste or satcom we probally would have lost.
                    I have no idea who was the *real* comm for that game. I was just the guy in the chair. Someone was calling all the shots, and I was doing my best to keep up. But still it was an experience. Someone on the team (jokingly) suggested that I brag about winning, but they know (as do I) that it was the team that won the game.

I'd definitely be up for some more time in the comm chair - is there such a thing as a slow paced game of NS? It would certainly be easier for getting to grips with the command interface. I think my biggest issue is not knowing the maps. Someone told me later in the night to cover bombsite A. Now thats an order this lurk can understand :D

Root
                    BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

Having problems finding your way? Look at this. They are minimaps, labeled, and translucent. Dowload and extract to your ns\sprites\minimaps folder.

Comment

Originally posted by Root
                        I'd definitely be up for some more time in the comm chair - is there such a thing as a slow paced game of NS?
                        No. :D

However, if you've got a group of regs on, and you announce that you're making an effort at learning to comm, generally everyone will be amenable to your efforts and pull back the turntable from 75 RPM to 33 1/3. :)
                        [volun2]
                        NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
                        Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
                        <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
                        <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Comment

Originally posted by Pokerface
                          No. :D

However, if you've got a group of regs on, and you announce that you're making an effort at learning to comm, generally everyone will be amenable to your efforts and pull back the turntable from 75 RPM to 33 1/3. :)
                          No no no no no no. 45 ftw!
                          a.k.a. NinjaPirateAssassin
                          Celibacy is not Hereditary.
                          Everybody should believe in something - I believe I'll have another drink.
                          Happiness is like wetting your pants, everyone can see it but only you can feel the warmth.
                          Flying is easy, Just throw yourself at the ground and miss!

Comment

Originally posted by HairyNevus
                            Having problems finding your way? Look at this. They are minimaps, labeled, and translucent. Dowload and extract to your ns\sprites\minimaps folder.
                            Brilliant! Thanks very much for the link! :icon14:

Root
                            BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse