Random Kick+Ban?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Random Kick+Ban?

Was playing in the NS server - comming, I remember Root and micr0c0sm on my team, vague on other details. Anyway, things were progressing rather well. Team was full heavy, took down a hive, progressing to the second. While attacking the second, I am kicked. Retry, and banned.

I really have no idea why this happened - was it an angry alien? Some random mishap? I don't think I was doing anything negatively toward the team, opposing team (other than winning), or server. Actually, things were going quite well - so I am rather confused.

Game name is <?php.

Edit: Thanks for the PM and explanation. Hopefully, this can be worked out soon.
    Last edited by True; 06-21-2005, 09:13 PM.

Re: Random Kick+Ban?

I was the one that kick/banned you.. Check your PMs.
    Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

Apophis playing NS? Where have I been...
      Steam Community: | |

Comment

apophis , plays, ns? ... who's apophis :P

Comment

My guess would be that True either trapped a fade or onos, or did something else that I am unaware is against the rules.

Comment

The problem was not at all game-oriented. It was a technical problem with my name and something on the server. Since my name is my identity, is not a bad name and it is not my intention to cause any problems, I gave Apophis some ideas and hopefully there will be a resolution soon.

Nothing related to gameplay.

Comment

I read the first post and started looking for cover and asbestos underwear when my name came up. Then I remembered - this isn't the CS server. Phew. :icon_lol:

Root
              BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

LOL...

True and I are working to provide a resolution to the problem. It wasn't anything he did wrong on the server, just a strange technical glitch that is being worked out. He has been very helpful in providing feedback and ideas to remedy the problem. It should be worked out in a couple hours and he'll be back in action.
                Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

<?php is a valuable player I will back him up if there is a misunderstanding.

If it's his name that's a shame, because I can't see why it would be an issue (we don't post stats or anything do we?).

Comment

Apophis stores your k:d ratio right next to your SSN and address.

He knows when you've been building, he knows when you're AFK.

Comment

We don't post stats, but we sell them to marketing firms so that they can direct-market to your SteamIDs in two years.

Don't try to interfere. This is my retirement plan we're talking about.
                      Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                      X