Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cool plugin

http://www.unknownworlds.com/forums/...howtopic=94682

this guy made a plugin that supposedly plants new members in the ground and forces the rules upon them for two full minutes before allowing them to join the first time they join tg. maybe this could be implemented so that it tells them how to register on the forums to play without c-d...or something like that.

Re: cool plugin

This would be a detriment to me. While it is good for normal players, a server with this plugin won't gain so many new players having to wait so long before being able to play a game.

This is assumed, based on what behavior I would show.

Comment

Tactical Gamer has a history of retaining exactly the type of players we want by employing administration tactics which the masses say will empty our servers.

I'm not sure about this plugin, but I'm not prepared to rule it out in response to concerns that it will cease recruitment.
      Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Wyzcrak... what is that on your avatar?
        Steam Community: | |

Comment

That's a baby, kormendi.

That's what a man and a woman make when they love each other VERY much.

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

but its sooo...

creepy looking :D

Definitely a future serial killer.

Comment

Originally posted by Wyzcrak
              That's a baby, kormendi.

That's what a man and a woman make when they love each other VERY much.
              ....Burn =P

personally I don't think you need to institute anything quite so nazi-admin as a plugin that forces you to sit read the rules. Unless we've been having more problems with unruly players than I'm aware of? (if it ain't broke.....)
              a.k.a. NinjaPirateAssassin
              Celibacy is not Hereditary.
              Everybody should believe in something - I believe I'll have another drink.
              Happiness is like wetting your pants, everyone can see it but only you can feel the warmth.
              Flying is easy, Just throw yourself at the ground and miss!

Comment

Originally posted by Spyder
                ....Burn =P

personally I don't think you need to institute anything quite so nazi-admin as a plugin that forces you to sit read the rules. Unless we've been having more problems with unruly players than I'm aware of? (if it ain't broke.....)
                It would make sense to me to set the time for 30 seconds and then present the user with the rules. 2 minutes is overkill. As I understand it, the plugin is meant to only subject the player to this the first time they play on the server. Not too inconvenient.

Perhaps instead of time the user must team_say /agree... make the rules stay visible until they do so.

Comment

I like kormendi's idea. As for Wyzcrak's avatar....I've never been more scared of a baby in my life.

Comment

Originally posted by micr0c0sm
                    http://www.unknownworlds.com/forums/...howtopic=94682

this guy made a plugin that supposedly plants new members in the ground and forces the rules upon them for two full minutes before allowing them to join the first time they join tg. maybe this could be implemented so that it tells them how to register on the forums to play without c-d...or something like that.
                    I would just walk away from the computer for a while and grab somthing to eat. Or I would take the extra two minutes and take up wyz's hobby of teaching little children to become serial killers.

Comment

Stay quiet in school, Peter. Don't draw attention to yourself.

When we want attention... we'll have it.

Oh yes. We will HAVE IT.

Comment

typing /agree is excellent

no timelimit, and you only have to agree once per steam_id

i dont think its a necessary plugin, just nice what he is trying to do.

2 minutes is wayy too long

Comment

Don't believe wyzcrak, that's totally a picture of him.
                          I can hear it now:
                          "SHOOT THE HIVE!! THE HIVE!! NOT THE SKULKS, THE HIVE!!"

Comment

lol found out!

Comment

Hmmmm....

TBH, our current system is super duper if you ask me. I mean, the players that we draw in and keep keep the rest of the populous out :p
                              USAR

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X