http://bit.ly/auFcbL

NS2 Alpha 1 content

One of our shipping maps (ns2_tram), plus some smaller "test" maps
    Marine, with Rifle, Pistol, SwitchAx, Grenade Launcher
    Skulks, Gorges, Lerks and their basic movement abilities and weapons
    Marine armory "buy" screen for purchasing new equipment
    Alien evolution menu for choosing your lifeform and upgrades
    Basic marine and alien commander interfaces including MACs, Drifters
    Much of our final sounds, artwork, animations, etc.
    Maybe we can get a TG server up? Would be cool to get the TG NS2 community going early like it was with the old NS. *dusts off donate button*
    Like the server? Become a regular! TGNS Required Reading
    Answers to every server question? Yes! TGNS FAQ

Re: NS2 Alpha releases on July 26th

Yeah, saw the twitter announcement yesterday and was pleased. Then of course, the actual announcement today... :D Of course, I also predicted the inevitable dumbass that got the bright idea to effectively DDoS them due to over-excitement for said announcement.

That all said, I'm going to laugh when tons of threads crop up, whining about how the game isn't perfectly optimized or is missing content despite the announcement describing exactly to expect that...as it's an alpha.

Comment

Sweet! Can't wait. Don't know if they'll let you make dedicated servers till the beta or something I thought they said.

Comment

Hmm I saw one of the devs replied in thread that on alpha release the game probably won't have dedicated servers. Might have to just use hamachi with listen servers.

Comment

You can bet your sweet dollars that I'll be playing NS2 somewhere come the 26th (*cough cough* I think I'm starting to feel a sick-day coming on already...), with every intention of making that "somewhere" TGNS with a Supporting Membership! Someone go get Keres, Wyz, korm, Yer Mom, Poker, Tempest, micro, V!per, FeniX, root, al, Wild, jugger, Polska, jackel, sniper, Ender, cavedog, Rampage, Tempus, HSantal, Cing, cookie, Syn, HairyNevus, Yellow-Asterisk, kerostasis, Zephyr, Apo, morose, violentsquirrel, spyder, DON.MAC, Nightfire, Mateo, j, Miko, NothingMore, Wintermute, Cobra, Sasuke, Daxx, billybob, and all the other old regulars that I'm forgetting.

And I think we need to revive [TR]...
          "Hardly used" will not fetch a better price for your brain.

Comment

I'm imagining listen servers probably won't have more than 6 or so players since people will be hosting on their home connections.

Comment

Originally posted by aeroripper View Post
              I'm imagining listen servers probably won't have more than 6 or so players since people will be hosting on their home connections.
              Might be able to rig a listen on a DS for better connectivity, just have the server-as-host sit idle the entire time.
              a.k.a. NinjaPirateAssassin
              Celibacy is not Hereditary.
              Everybody should believe in something - I believe I'll have another drink.
              Happiness is like wetting your pants, everyone can see it but only you can feel the warmth.
              Flying is easy, Just throw yourself at the ground and miss!

Comment

Looks like we will be able to host dedicated servers:

Regarding the NS2 dedicated server (win32) - that should ship with our alpha as well. Linux will come later. YES, you can run mods! :)

Comment

Yay! Can't wait to see a TGNS server again.

Comment

Count me in. This is going to be pretty fantastic.

Comment

I'm going to see if we can find some spare cycles SOMEWHERE here at TG to see what we might be looking at, server-wise. In the absence of that (or maybe with it, too), I draw your attention to the Steam group called "Tactical Gamer NS Waiting Room (TGNS WR)".
                      [volun2]
                      NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
                      Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
                      <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
                      <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Comment

Dang, 1 day before Starcraft 2 comes out. Ah well, at least I will get to play it for a night (maybe).

I love gaming, mmmmmmmm

Comment

Originally posted by Pokerface View Post
                          I'm going to see if we can find some spare cycles SOMEWHERE here at TG to see what we might be looking at, server-wise. .
                          If you've got no space available for the alpha I've still got the server space I gave to Wyz to set up the NS1 server on, which is already set up with ftp and whatnot. A solid Plan B if you want your own place to play and the powers that be decide that supporting an Alpha isn't going to fly.
                          a.k.a. NinjaPirateAssassin
                          Celibacy is not Hereditary.
                          Everybody should believe in something - I believe I'll have another drink.
                          Happiness is like wetting your pants, everyone can see it but only you can feel the warmth.
                          Flying is easy, Just throw yourself at the ground and miss!

Comment

As an old regular of the TGNS servers, I'd totally be up for a NS2 Alpha server with all the same people again. Some of the best gaming I've ever participated in went down on Saturday nights in the TGNS server. I'd love to see TGNS2 Captain games more than Episode 3.

Comment

I am down for the alpha we just need a server.
                              RX-78-2 Gundam EFSF Protoype Close Combat Mobile Suit Armor: Luna Titanium Armament: 2x Beam Sabers, 2x 60mm Head vulcan guns 380mm Hyper bazooka, Beam Rifle, Beam Javelin, Hyper Hammer, Gundam Hammer, shield
                              TG Natural Selection admin. Need anything PM me.
                              7th Infantry FTW!!!!!
                              "Snob? Nah...I consider myself more of a PC Evangelist...converting the heathens to The Way." Prophaniti
                              "Windows is like Pokemon you gotta catch'em all." kenshinsama1

[tg-c1]

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X