Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ns2_hotdogs

Hey guys!

Just finished putting together the next release of ns2_hotdogs! It's nowhere near full completion yet, but we should still be able to get some good games out of it. I've spent a lot of time redesigning rooms, adding props, and adding more nooks and crannies in for skulks to hide around.

I've already published the new version to the workshop, so it will be ready to go whenever!

Re: ns2_hotdogs

I am very impressed that a member made a map. I also got scared when I saw a fake exo.

That being said, it was a bit frustating to play as an alien and we eventually we changed the map because of it not being a finished map. This seemed to aid marines as skulks were highlighted against the non texture walls. Also the lack of boxes, pipes, columns, and other obstructions left the aliens out in the open. I like overall layout and the names.

I would like to see it competed and I am impressed that someone in TG has done this much.
    Lights Out!

Comment

I like the concept of the map - it's silly, but the way you followed through on the factory theme was very amusing to me, in a good way. I like the overall layout of the map but texture issues aside, several rooms need to be thoroughly playtested, much like Caged has been over the past few months. Keep at it though, I really did find the overall RT placement to be pretty refreshing.

Comment

More hotdogs less captains games!

Only had one chance to play it once so far but I liked the flow of the map.

Comment

Originally posted by crymeariver View Post
          More hotdogs less captains games!

Only had one chance to play it once so far but I liked the flow of the map.
          Ohhh when was this? A LOT has changed since I last published the map. The guys at SCC (Spark Crafter Collective) helped me test it, and one thing that immediately stuck out was that many of the bases were too easily arc-able. So I've fixed that. Security, Cloning Vats, and Cheese Mines have been completely changed, and Killing Floor will be revised soon. I'm still working on it, just taking a while.

It's really encouraging to see that people are still interested in it. :)

EDIT: I guess my next goal for it is to get it finished just enough to where it can be regularly played... kind of like Caged, where it's not in the regular rotation, but at the same time it's no longer "hey guys, can you help me test? pretty plzzz?" I'm not sure how long that will be. :(

Comment

Some temporary/slapped on textures would be good for testing, not sure if you are at a point where that is worth it yet though. When I played it it was still when one of the res nodes was unpowered so I am sure there have been some improvements.

Comment

Originally posted by crymeariver View Post
              Some temporary/slapped on textures would be good for testing, not sure if you are at a point where that is worth it yet though. When I played it it was still when one of the res nodes was unpowered so I am sure there have been some improvements.
              Oh yea it's been a little bit updated since then, but that is still way outdated. Working on it now. :)

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X