Custom stuff

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custom stuff

I have wanted to do custom stuff for a while in maps.

I'd like to start small. I want to put some advertising for TGNS in the map... secret room maybe, stuff like that...

Does anyone know where I could get started with this? I don't really want to have to pay for software to build entities and stuff.

Mom
    Games lubricate the body and the mind. - Benjamin Franklin
    Ever since the beginning, to keep the world spinning, it takes all kinds of kinds. -Miranda Lambert

You're a 34, Mom. Thirty. Four.
    Forever Perplexed

Re: Custom stuff

For 2d textures, I use Photoshop... but you might be able to get away with using Gimp... I think that can write out to PSDs.

For 3d stuff... you can use Blender
    BUT... the ONLY way to do models "properly" for spark, is to use 3dsMax 2009, and there's no legal way to get this version anymore. Exporting from Blender means: 1) No built-in collision to the prop. You'll have to fake it in the editor. 2) No animations, so static props only.

Comment

Re: Custom stuff

Well, I doubt I'll go that far anyway. I'd just like to have a tacticalgamer.com logo I can slap in a secret room without having to build it out of guns or rails or something... but that's okay. I can build it. :)

Mom
      Games lubricate the body and the mind. - Benjamin Franklin
      Ever since the beginning, to keep the world spinning, it takes all kinds of kinds. -Miranda Lambert

You're a 34, Mom. Thirty. Four.
      Forever Perplexed

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...