images hack us

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• images hack us

Does imageshack take all legal rights to whatever you post? I emailed them about it 3 days ago asking this question so I could post something that I did, but I'd rather not give them full exclusive rights to my map by missing a legal loophole.

Thoughts?

Re: images hack us

In the very unlikely future that imagshack chooses, among its millions of images, a picture of an NS map in order to assert its legal dominance, it's going to own a PICTURE of a map, not the map itself. Even if it did somehow have the rights to your map, it still wouldn't have the rights to any of the textures (those are Natural Selection's textures, not yours), the sounds (NS again, although usually purchased froma sound bank), the engine the map is running on (that's Valve's), or just about anything eles.

I mean, why would imageshack ever do something like that? They'll never make money off map for a Half-Life mod, and everyone would stop using them to host pictures which is the only way they make any money.

Comment

I know Youtube just snuck that into their contract about videos, they could potentially sell all your home movies to corporations like ABC. I haven't heard anything about Imageshack...

-Sirusblk

Comment

ohh thats so evil...youtube...HOW COULD YOU!
        Natural Selection name: Fodderkill. Why Fodderkill? Well, its because im so easy to kill hahaha!
        "Why don't Fades ever die?"
        -Universal question almost all new players ask at some point, even if they n ever say it.

Forum name: Fat B Man
        Ingame name: Fodderkill

Just call me Fodder on TS or whatever

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse