multisource and func_button interaction

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• multisource and func_button interaction

If we're going to be doing a power resupply dynamic with the map, I thought this would be useful to you guys.

A note (excerpted from the multisource article on the valve erc):

Originally posted by Steven 'SEThorian' van de Graaf
    Thu Aug 11, 2005 / 02:40pm PDT

MULTISOURCE ADDITION: FUNC_BUTTON BUG

When giving a func_button a multisource entity as a master (in order to not have the button usable until the multisource has been triggered) will result in the button to be automatically triggered when its multisource master is triggered. Thus for instance:

You want a button to be usable after the power switch has been activated. Normally you would make the power switch target the multisource which in its turn would enable the button to be usable. Though it's supposed to work like this, it doesn't. Like mentioned before, the button will be triggered as soon as the multisource is triggered.

How to solve this bug

To my knowledge, there isn't an actual solution, but there is a workaround.

Make the func_button target something non-existant (for instance; give it a target of "evil_kittens_for_world_domination") and instead of a multisource, make the power switch target a trigger_changetarget.

In the target field of the trigger_changetarget, enter the name of the func_button. In the New Target field, enter the name of the entity that you want the func_button to trigger. (For instance a level change.)

Now, the func_button won't trigger the level change until the power switch has been hit and the func_button used afterwards.

Ideally, you can make the func_button originally target a speaker or ambient_generic entity so that when it's used before the trigger_changetarget is triggered, it will give off a "buzz off" sound or "Access Denied!" announcement. In the case of the speaker entity, make the trigger_changetarget killtarget the speaker entity.
    comment modified on Thu Aug 11, 2005 / 02:42pm PDT

Re: multisource and func_button interaction

Hm... this just might solve a problem I've had on my WIP Map... thanks mate!
    Damn the torpedos and full speed ahead!

Comment

Smal problem mate- where the heck do I find the trigger_changetarget entity?
      Damn the torpedos and full speed ahead!

Comment

Place the entity instead of tying a brush to it.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
        X