Prancing Jetpacks in the Meadow

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prancing Jetpacks in the Meadow

And waterfalls of... well, coolant. Which is more or less water.

In the marked areas should be metal grating, from the metal grating should be pouring coolant from all over the map (if you need an excuse for where to run an aesthetic pipe, this is probably your best bet).

So here's the trouble.

HOW TO MAKE WATER FALL?

I can make stagnant water, but I'm wondering if there's a waterfall texture on the order of co_daimos_beta5's sewers (but more opaque maybe?) and if there's a corresponding "disturbed water" texture.

If not, then are there any good tutorials somewhere for making HL1 textures?

Re: Prancing Jetpacks in the Meadow

Its a belt. I believe in the 'mapping resources' thread under the website i posted there should be some guides on it about this.

Basically your going to have a textured block running downward thus looking like a waterfall.

Comment

Thanks I'll look.

Comment

Ok so now I've got a sloped conveyor on top of a sloped push on top of a sloped trigger that sends data to an ambient_generic.

The trouble is that the ambient_generic wants to either play forever, or create large gaps in playtime, or cuts itself off. If I set the refire time on the sound trigger to be ~1, there's a full 1 second gap between plays, but if I set it to be, say, 0.1-0.5, the sound cuts itself off midsequence.

Is there a way to fix that?

Thanks for your time.

Comment

Could be thats the way the soundbite works, not a complete loop just cuts out silence for a moment. Besides that i don't think you have to do TOO much to an ambient for it to replay. Just keeps going / use the check box settings afaik.

Comment

I dont do ANY mapping, but a thought occurred to me for helping on this one: do you guys have the ability to open other maps and see what was used to create them? If so, take a look at the waterfall between central and vent hive on caged. sound seems to be constant and motion as well. I realize its not a big waterfall, but still. Also, another good place to look might be the lava falls outside of furnace on origin.

Comment

Originally posted by Ferris Bueller View Post
              I dont do ANY mapping, but a thought occurred to me for helping on this one: do you guys have the ability to open other maps and see what was used to create them? If so, take a look at the waterfall between central and vent hive on caged. sound seems to be constant and motion as well. I realize its not a big waterfall, but still. Also, another good place to look might be the lava falls outside of furnace on origin.
              Yeah, that's definitely a waterfall, I've gotten that far, now I need to figure out how to make it look nicer.

Originally posted by Donat View Post
              Could be thats the way the soundbite works, not a complete loop just cuts out silence for a moment. Besides that i don't think you have to do TOO much to an ambient for it to replay. Just keeps going / use the check box settings afaik.
              Ok for instance, I used ns_origin/fan4.wav, set it to "do NOT loop" and "start off".

I trigger it once, and it starts looping for infinity. Any idea why?

Comment

Well when triggered it could just be meant as a loop (as it is a fan) But i think your able to change the time it plays and the firing stuff but i can't be for sure without looking at it.

And ferris, to my knowledge there are BSP decompilers so we can look at them via hammer (I've used them before) but i have yet to do one for NS cause i haven't needed to :/

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X