Additions to Control Room

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Additions to Control Room

Hey guys, I finally got sick of how ugly my room's pillars were and started doing something about it. I haven't implemented them yet but the design is mostly done. If you want to hold off the final product for a bit I can probably swap the old pillars out for the new, and maybe fix the texlights.

Here's an example of the pillars-to-be (yes they make the room brighter, sigh oh well):

Hmm. Are env_beams togglable? If they are then the power reset mechanic should turn them and the internal lights on. The room won't be too much brighter than before.

As always, constructive criticism is welcome.

Re: Additions to Control Room

We can't see anything but a light or 2, its allll too dark to see any of the detail or even what you changed lol.

Once your happier with it feel free to resend it to me, i'm working on my hive and then connecting yer mo's hive to the map first and haven't worked in that direction yet.

Comment

Click on the images, they link to bigger pictures.

Comment

Here's the first rough implementation. This week I have a midterm, so I might get to finishing it up. Let me know what you think.

:image hosted here:

Comment

Ok I cleaned up some of the texlights and fixed the UGLY pillars.

You can turn the room's lights on by sending an input to "a_control_room_needpower" (the button in the center of the room is for an example only).

Here's a sample map and compiled version for playing on. I still need to do some polishing (like removing the wallpaper and replacing it with actual computers), and I'd rather you waited till I fixed a few bugs, but if you just HAVE to get it done asap, this version will work.

Before the final is compiled, you need to at least stick buttons to the computer wallpaper, implement a multisource system of 3 "only once" switches (1 in each hive, assumedly), and make the system difficult for the marines to gain control of, and make it matter if they do.

Here's my updated room:

:LINK:

Comment

I'll make sure to let you know when its aproching the end ;) so take your time for now. Also, i might need to change some stuff to make it fit and or to retexture some so that we don't break the texture limit. But that depends. All depends heh, for now just keep workin on it.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X