Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bile Bomb Rush, AKA another Anti-rush

Today I saw a perfect example of why bilebomb is a 2nd hive ability:

I can't remember who the other gorge was (this was a few hours ago), but me and another gorge were near west access, and we decided to attack marine start. On the way, I was all for just rushing in, but the other gorge told me to wait for everyone to phase (and thank you again for reminding me about that, oh one I cannot remember at the moment). Anyways, after the marines had phased, we rushed in and started bilebombing the PG. About 3-4 seconds later, it's dead. So, we try to bile the Obs, but the splash damage already killed that. So, we kill off the Arms Lab and IPs, time- ~10-12 seconds. At this point the other team's rush fails, they realize they lost thier base, and the comm hops out into our pair of OCs. Total elapsed time since first bile= <30 seconds.

That was so effective I just had to post this. A pair of gorges changed the game from an even fight, to game over, in less than half a minute. So fast the Comm barely had time to realize his base was under attack.
    "Chance favors the prepared mind" -Sir Isaac Newton

Re: Bile Bomb Rush, AKA another Anti-rush

That was a funny game, i was confused, how the base could go so fast... Good Times.
    Oyee

Comment

Bile bomb is like siege. It's devistating against bases, especially if they're close together, but the siege cannons by themselves (ie: the gorges) are easy to eliminate. 2 gorges with BB, especially if they ahve adren, are b-r-u-t-a-l.
      a.k.a. NinjaPirateAssassin
      Celibacy is not Hereditary.
      Everybody should believe in something - I believe I'll have another drink.
      Happiness is like wetting your pants, everyone can see it but only you can feel the warmth.
      Flying is easy, Just throw yourself at the ground and miss!

Comment

Originally posted by Card AKA Karrd
        I can't remember who the other gorge was (this was a few hours ago), but me and another gorge were near west access, and we decided to attack marine start. On the way, I was all for just rushing in, but the other gorge told me to wait for everyone to phase (and thank you again for reminding me about that, oh one I cannot remember at the moment).
        That was me. Its very convenient that Phase Gates are so incredibly loud. =) They give all sorts of sound-based intelligence info to smart aliens.

Our 2 gorges were approaching marine start when we heard the sounds of a distress beacon. So we stood stock still, so as not to show up on motion tracking, just outside one of the doors to marine start on Tanith. If a single marine had walked out of marine start, we'd have been dead.

So we hear *click* *click* *click* as marines pick up heavy weapons and hump the armory for a few seconds. *beep* *whoosh* *whoosh* *whoosh* As marines leap through the phase gate at high speed. Then nothing.

After waiting a few seconds to confirm the base was empty, two gorges go strolling in and start biling the PG. Neither of us had adrenaline, so it took a couple seconds to get it down. Maybe 8-10 seconds later, PG drops.

But due to splash damage, everything else in the base is now in red hp. It takes less than another 10 seconds to wipe out EVERY building there, and we drop a pair of OCs around the com chair to prevent rebuilding.

Its only then that we realize the marines never noticed us attacking, as we start seeing messages like "Hey--Where'd base go?" start showing up on all-chat. Good times. =)

Comment

bile bomb can do 200 damage to all structures in a small area per bile bomb.

It takes 15 bile bombs to kill a PG.
          It takes 9 bile bombs to kill an Obs.
          It takes 20 bile bombs to kill an Adv Armory.
          It takes 20 bile bombs to kill a Prototype Lab.
          It takes 13 bile bombs to kill an IP.

For two gorges to kill an ENTIRE marine base, it takes a bare minimum of 10 bile bombs.
          Thats about 15 seconds to walk in and do that. Quite a nasty trick.

Thats If the marines bunched up their base.

Don't put the Adv.A. by the proto, or PG by the Obs, or Obs by the AA, or the IP(s) by the Obs.

Bile bomb can do a LOT of damage quickly.

It takes 30! bile bombs to kill an RT, you can kill a Adv Armory and Obs in the same ammount of time it takes to kill 1 RT, that alone can destroy the marine team.

http://www.unknownworlds.com/ns/comm...Calculator.htm

Comment

Don't forget the massive amounts of splash damage.

http://rtfo.org/~al/share/ns/i_heart_bilebomb.jpg

So beautiful.

Comment

Originally posted by Kerostasis
              That was me. Its very convenient that Phase Gates are so incredibly loud. =) They give all sorts of sound-based intelligence info to smart aliens.

Our 2 gorges were approaching marine start when we heard the sounds of a distress beacon. So we stood stock still, so as not to show up on motion tracking, just outside one of the doors to marine start on Tanith. If a single marine had walked out of marine start, we'd have been dead.

So we hear *click* *click* *click* as marines pick up heavy weapons and hump the armory for a few seconds. *beep* *whoosh* *whoosh* *whoosh* As marines leap through the phase gate at high speed. Then nothing.

After waiting a few seconds to confirm the base was empty, two gorges go strolling in and start biling the PG. Neither of us had adrenaline, so it took a couple seconds to get it down. Maybe 8-10 seconds later, PG drops.

But due to splash damage, everything else in the base is now in red hp. It takes less than another 10 seconds to wipe out EVERY building there, and we drop a pair of OCs around the com chair to prevent rebuilding.

Its only then that we realize the marines never noticed us attacking, as we start seeing messages like "Hey--Where'd base go?" start showing up on all-chat. Good times. =)

Lol. I remember this game quite well. I also remember the reaction from the marine team when they go from a heavy train with half the res nodes capped, including double, to absolutely wiped. Our entire team was defending Sat-Comm, which (if i remember correctly) survived by a margin of 10% hive health or so (I was healing hive) . Well, ALMOST our entire team <eg>. Nice job to the whole team; this was a perfect example of flawless teamwork. Every alien player knew their spot with a minimum of voice comm. This type of gameplay is the reason why I even USE HL anymore. I mean lets face it, most servers lack any inkling of teamplay, and CS.. well.. don't get me started on CS. :D

Long live TG!!

"Who put the fun in dysfunctional? I." - Aesop Rock

"Cuz you can choose to say 'Good morning, God! =)' or 'Good God, morning! =(" - Blackalicious

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X