No announcement yet.

Immediate Hive Relocation (Active Hive)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Immediate Hive Relocation (Active Hive)

This topic should be subtitled

"Why you should never let Dep comm"

or possibly

"The sadistic joys of active hive relocation"

Anyways, to the point! :)
    First of all, I love different and wierd strats, so much fun! As marines, it seems like every game is the same, rushing for RTs, and holding out for big stuff. I know this is oversimplification, but bear with me.

In my very humble opinion, the most fun part of the game is rushing hives. So, I propose that the marines just convert the entire game into the hive rush. I've tried this about 8 times (not on TG yet), with 6 successes. Here is the basic plan (optimized for an 8 marine team):

1) Send out 2 guys to rush gorges. I've had the best luck with sending out the BEST shooters; if they take out a couple fatties things become easier later. Recycle the main base RT.
    2) The rest of the team rushes straight at their hive, although not using the most common path. E.g, if they have cargo on tanith, go through miasma, not through ventilation. DON'T SHOOT ANYTHING
    3) One comm chair, one tf, 3 IPs around the RT. Take the rt down as fast as possible, get the rt up and elec the RT. (You have JUST enough res to do this with the res from the recycled rt at marine start).
    4) Rush the hive. Eventually the skulks will come back, but with the utterly superior spawn rate and the difficulty that they have taking out the IPs, you should crush them quickly.
    5) In the odd case that they got a second hive up (This happened once), send everyone over to the new hive, get a CC up, 3 IPs, get the node, elec, you get the idea.

Positives:
    -The games are intense, and generally don't last 5 minutes. People are screaming at you, chaos reigns!!!
    -The sadistic pleasure of sending wave after wave of marines into a very hot zone and gleefully yelling "YOU GET MEDPACKS WHEN YOU GET THE HIVE!!!" :twisted:

Negatives:
    -Make or break. If you fail on the first reloc they'll be ready, and you'll have no IPs. Generally the gorge attack squad pulls off enough of the skulks to get the initial base up, but there are no guarentees.
    -You can't use it all the time. I tried it twice and a row and before we got the first IP up we got gorge rushed. Ow.
    -Your marines will hate you. Dropping a shotgun and quoting "Enemy at the Gates" doesn't help much either ("The guy in front gets the gun! When he dies, the next guy picks up the gun, and shoots!" or something close to that ;) )

Anyways, this is just one of my favorite twisted marine strategies. Give it a go if you want to try something new.

--Dep

(Edit: changed title)

Oh and I should add that the comm must listen for RTs first to find the hive, in case you're wondering how to tell what hive they have.

Comment

Your marines will hate you. Dropping a shotgun and quoting "Enemy at the Gates" doesn't help much either ("The guy in front gets the gun! When he dies, the next guy picks up the gun, and shoots!" or something close to that )
      I think this is the best part of the strategy. I nearly pissed myself laughing.
      I am the one, I am the zero, I am your low resolution hero.

Comment

you must have commed a group of talented marines.....in order to have pulled this off....

i cant imagine this working in a pub server...

but sounds like fun i would give it a shot...

Comment

Wyz used to do this all the time here and it worked once in a great while.

Comment

Re: Immediate Hive Relocation (Active Hive)

Originally posted by Psi_RedEye22
            Originally posted by Deprecated

E.g, if they have cargo on tanith, go through miasma, not through ventilation.
            got your maps straight yet? :P
            Negative. I've never gotten a map name right once. I usually just pick a random map name and let people correct me. So much easier 8)

Comment

Originally posted by billybob
              you must have commed a group of talented marines.....in order to have pulled this off....

i cant imagine this working in a pub server...

but sounds like fun i would give it a shot...

Eh yeah the group was fairly solid. It was a pub server :) The hardest thing on pubs always seems to be convincing your marines to try something different :(

Wyzcrak has done this!!??! Oh man now I gotta get him to do it once when I'm on, JOY! :D

Comment

I swear he has done this or something like this.

Comment

I know he's rushed the active hive before, but I'm uncertain if he's ever relocated RIGHT THERE before.
                  [volun2]
                  NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
                  Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
                  <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
                  <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Comment

-The sadistic pleasure of sending wave after wave of marines into a very hot zone and gleefully yelling "YOU GET MEDPACKS WHEN YOU GET THE HIVE!!!"
                    Lmao, I can see myself yelling this.

Comment

hahha, bentley.
                      i do remember a time when wyzcrak commed and we rushed their hive, and hid. waited till they all left and then started building. it was great.
                      but yeah that sounds like an awesome idea

Comment

Now if you want to really piss people off you can do one of wyzcrak's little pub strats.Send all marines to the hive drop a comm chair,2 ips and a armory the comm spams mines everywhere the marines putt them all over the ground.If worked right with enough mines the aliens wont be able to crawl 2 feet without getting blown sky high.
                        While they're dieing the marines shoot the hive and you end the game.

Comment

Originally posted by BATMAN.
                          Now if you want to really piss people off you can do one of wyzcrak's little pub strats.Send all marines to the hive drop a comm chair,2 ips and a armory the comm spams mines everywhere the marines putt them all over the ground.If worked right with enough mines the aliens wont be able to crawl 2 feet without getting blown sky high.
                          While they're dieing the marines shoot the hive and you end the game.
                          hey.. thats my strat.. just alterted..
                          stay at base.. drop lots of mines.. mine up the hive and leave the hive room and continue on

Comment

I don't remember Wyzcrak ever using the lame Relocate to Active Alien Hive strat.

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

Hehehe I remember that game ROFL!!!!111

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...