Immediate Hive Relocation (Active Hive)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tempus
    I don't remember Wyzcrak ever using the lame Relocate to Active Alien Hive strat.
    Ouch.

Comment

Originally posted by Tempus
      I don't remember Wyzcrak ever using the lame Relocate to Active Alien Hive strat.
      I was kinda hoping for a reponse to why you labelled this "lame". First of all, let me assert that it is a strategy used for the sole purpose of having fun, nothing more, so if the "lame" comes from the fact that it often doesn't work, fine. If you have some other problem with it, then say it instead of just calling it names. I don't think constructive criticism is too much to ask.

--Dep

Comment

As much fun as this might be for the marines, (and perhaps aliens, crushing the rines) I am not perticularialy fond of the quick games. i would rather see a longer game where the power shifts between the teams.

Ive had similar things happen when the team relocates to a hive they did not even realise was the aliens, too late to turn back once you start relocatig :P. In addition to a 5 minute game not being very appealing, you need pretty good marines to pull something like this off.

Mabe this would be something fun to do from time to time (keep the aliens on their toes), but not something I would like seeing done often.

I love gaming, mmmmmmmm

Comment

Originally posted by Polska
          Mabe this would be something fun to do from time to time (keep the aliens on their toes), but not something I would like seeing done often.
          I'll try just about anything infrequently, especially if it's something that the other team isn't expecting AND it exploits the completely undefended state of their main base/hive.

We play agressively here, and sometimes that leaves our bellies exposed. It's important to, only every once in a while, throw a curve ball at the other team and let them remember they're gonna get popped if they don't defend their main.

This doesn't apply as much to hive relocations as it does to so many other curve balls, but I thought I'd mention it.

Complacency is our mutual enemy.

Wyzcrak
          Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

I enjoy a change up aswell some times myself, as commander.

That's why i like to relocate, it's a different deal then every other game where the marines stay in their base =P.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X