Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

it's not about hives. it's about res nodes.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• it's not about hives. it's about res nodes.

And the sooner you get that through your think skull, the sooner you'll find yourself winning more NS games than you lose.

You guys have heard me preaching it for a few weeks now, and I hope you're picking up on it. If you're 15 minutes into the game, it's a little late. You have to adopt this standpoint from bell one.

Marines don't matter. Run from marines, meet near res nodes. Attack res nodes. Move to next res node.

Early in the game, you can run circles around the marines when it comes to traveling the map. Take advantage of that, and take down the res nodes faster than they can put them up.

Wyzcrak
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Sounds like wyz had a bad game ^^

Comment

Example from today: Against the panicked requests of my team, I _did not_ help defend EQ hive against the marines phasing in, but instead used my gorging powers to destroy two marine res nodes on the other side of the map, and to re-cap four nodes. We ended up losing the hive, but because the marines we completely occupied with the assault, I walked the map and set us up for a major res advantage. Not many minutes later, we had the hive going back up, two fades, and an onos. Needless to say, we won, soundly.
      "Hardly used" will not fetch a better price for your brain.

Comment

Originally posted by verbose
        Example from today: Against the panicked requests of my team, I _did not_ help defend EQ hive against the marines phasing in, but instead used my gorging powers to destroy two marine res nodes on the other side of the map, and to re-cap four nodes. We ended up losing the hive, but because the marines we completely occupied with the assault, I walked the map and set us up for a major res advantage. Not many minutes later, we had the hive going back up, two fades, and an onos. Needless to say, we won, soundly.
        Actually, this thread is motivated by weeks of people failing to see more than 90 seconds in front of them. Wake up folks. See the battles and the struggle in the big picture (*gasp* STRATEGY). This thread is an effort to create more players with the foresight to do exactly what verbose described above.

Res nodes win games. Hives just help you do it.

Wyzcrak
        Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

While it sounds pretty obvious, this thread is very true =P.

Think about it, With out resc, what can you do?

Well...
          You can run in circles!
          Bite marines!
          Kill yourself!
          Jump in the lava! (if you happen to be on origin)
          Explore the map!
          Shoot aliens!
          Run from aliens!
          Run from marines!

As you can see, I left out the following:
          Get upgrades!
          Get heavy guns!
          Get heavy armor!
          get jet packs!
          Drop hives!
          Go onos!
          Go fade!
          Go lerk!
          Go gorge!
          Drop Rescource nodes!

All of the seccond category seem to be critical to winning don't they? Aside from killing eachother. So, by the power of deduction, the most important thing in the game is, and always will be, rescources.

Comment

This goes for marines too. You have no idea how many times the game will start and a marine will run to a hive and say to me, "Give me a TF here now!"

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

Originally posted by Wyzcrak
              Actually, this thread is motivated by weeks of people failing to see more than 90 seconds in front of them. Wake up folks. See the battles and the struggle in the big picture (*gasp* STRATEGY). This thread is an effort to create more players with the foresight to do exactly what verbose described above.
              I employ Ms. Cleo. Pwn.
              I am the one, I am the zero, I am your low resolution hero.

Comment

I will go so far as to say that as aliens, the second hive is very useful (gives you movment chambers), but that the res for the third hive is better spent elsewhere (that is, unless the team is just rolling in it).

And by else where, I would say 4 ocs for the hive(s) or resource chambers, or most of a fade.

The only time I see 3 hives as needed is when you really need acid rockets for fade. But, then again, see the current thread about what we all think about that.... topic: "f4!"
                --
                CaveDog
                "Go sell crazy somewhere else... we're all stocked up here."

Comment

As a commander I could care less about attacking hives untill its late in the game, Sure let them have 3 hives, As long as you have constant pressure on the alien team they wont stray to much and take out your RTs.

Comment

and as a marine use your self as a moveable turret to defend the res node you just put up...

dont stray to far....

i have saved countless res nodes because after capping it i stayed near it to defend against skulks...

at least until its electrified

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                    X