Clinging Skulks

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clinging Skulks

How feasible would it be to create a mod or feature that allowed skulks to cling onto larger lifeforms such as fades, lerks, and onos? While the carrier was holding down an allowcling button, skulks could wallwalk on them and hitch a ride. Each additional skulk would add a movement hindrance though. And if the skulks werent willing to get off, the carrier could press a nocling button to drop them. This way, you could have lerks slightly slowed carrying a pair of skulks and dropping them off mid flight, or a fade blinking in and 3 or 4 skulks leaping off in the middle of a marine base. Or, you could have 1 onos and 5 skulks march into marine spawn, the skulks on the back of the onos, hidden. The onos stomps, the skulks get off.

2 questions: Would this be feasible? And would it be wanted?

The problem of staying on would be handled with 3.1, since then attachment would be a toggle. Clinging would just be a personal toggle for the carrier to allow wallwalk on it + movement hindrance.

Re: Clinging Skulks

That would be so weird. I donít know if that is possible but I bet hitboxes will be even more messed up.

Comment

*pictures 6 skulks on the back of a lerk, flying slowly like a bat out of hell during a captains match after the last hive is killed, in a desperate effort to save its brethren*

Comment

This would be interesting. The closest they have to this is lerklift, but that system is very unbalanced.
        USAR

Comment

it wouldn't work out very well. Have you ever tried walking next to another marine? Lag city. When your position is both based on the position of what you're clinged to plus your own movement, that's twice the lag.

Lerklift might be a little different, because the gorge doesn't move while being lifted (I don't recall very well I don't know if I've used it even). If the skulk were stationary on the other lifeform, it would work along the lines of lerk lift but if it is just skulks wall-walking on them it would probably be pretty laggy.

Comment

Originally posted by Karkianman101
            *pictures 6 skulks on the back of a lerk, flying slowly like a bat out of hell during a captains match after the last hive is killed, in a desperate effort to save its brethren*
            That's when you bust out the GL and kill the texas walker ranger fade and his friends :)

Comment

Maybe while the carrier is in motion, the skulk is locked in place, and while the carrier is still, skulks on it can move around.

Anyway, this could be kind of neat. A lerk flies in and acts a bomber, dropping off 2 xenoing skulks, or a skulk rides behind a fade, and jumps off to keep clear the doorway behind it so it doesnt get blocked in. Also, lerks and fades can usually get around the map, even through a locked down area, but skulks often cant make it. I cant count the number of times as a skulk that I've tried to get to a hive so I could drop it, but couldnt because of turrets, electrified nodes, etc. This would let the faster life forms transport skulks through dangerous areas.

EDIT: T_BEAR, where did I mention a fade?

Comment

I forgot to mention the lerk transformed into a fade with divine intervention. Duh.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X