Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• modreq: Balance

What:

When a game ends, call a method that loops through all players from both teams (optional: two loops, one per team, is fine). For each player that played more than 10 minutes (you'll need to track their connection moment and compare it to the endgame moment), depending on which team she's on, call either OnPlayerWins(player) or OnPlayerLoses(player). These methods should (for now merely) print the player's SteamId followed by " WON" or " LOST" (real implementations which persist win/loss history will come next). The print should be performed using the Shared.Message() method (this prints to server console until our real win/loss history implementation comes along).

Why:

This will be the beginnings of a balance plugin I'll be working on. I'm happy to collaborate/pair throughout the rest of the plugin's development with anyone who steps up before I get started and gives me the bit I've detailed above.

Other details:

I want to get this on the server so that it can start collecting data. In time, we'll add a command which uses this data to "balance" players into something (hopefully) resembling an intelligent distribution.
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Re: modreq: Balance

This entire plugin might be discarded in favor of a third-party offering that does similar (though, only if folks champion those offerings). I regularly throw away code I write, so I'm content to share with other developers contribution opportunities for code we might later discard. I'm trying to share simpler things I need written for those who want to help.
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

I stumbled upon this old thread that might be relevant here.
      http://www.tacticalgamer.com/natural...-possible.html
      Steam Community: | |

Comment

Hmm, I wonder how hard it would be to scrape NS2Stats and just use that...

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
        X