We need this, if only for mod nights or some such... NS2:Classic

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We need this, if only for mod nights or some such... NS2:Classic

So um yeah, heres a short rundown of some changes for all of us NS1 players:
    MARINES:
    -Comm chairs anywhere. Relocate to landing pad...or double!
    -NO POWER NODES. BUILD ANYWHERE.
    -Classic upgrade structure and the return of old favorites, like turret factories and 20 turrets! TURTLE!
    -No more arcs...back to SIEGES and actually having to defend them!
    -It's back ladies and gents...the HMG. A 4 onos rush is no longer an "I WIN" button.
    -Jetpacks work like they used to!
    -You have to USE phasegates to go through them like times of old.
    -No more sprint, but in exchange, we get NADES AND CATALYST.
    -Motion. Freaking. Tracking.
    -No more buying weapons marines, so sorry. The commander is back in charge of giving you loadouts!

ALIENS:
    -No more khamm. Back to Marines getting the extra man and having to organize as a TEAM!
    -Chambers are our upgrades now...No more individual upgrade entities.
    -Oh, did I mentions there are 4 chamber types now?
    Crag (defense)
    Shade (sensory)
    Shift (movement)
    Whip (not categorized from NS1), which gives the following:
    -Focus (double damage vs players)
    -Fury (gives health and energy on kill)
    -Bombard (increased damage vs structures)
    -Fade loses shadowstep and vortex...but gains metabolize and acid rocket!
    -Gorge gets his webs back AND DROPS CHAMBERS! Back to building guys!
    -Lerk has ranged spore and primal scream back!
    -Onos...devour...enough said.
    -No more hydras....OFFENSE CHAMBERS!
    -Shift now functions as a movement chamber! You can go to distressed hives instantly again!

Seriously guys, we constantly have people asking what NS1 was like. If nothing else, can we please have a "mod night" where we put this on the server and play it so people can experience the raw power of an HMG and know what its like to sit in an Onos stomach for 60 seconds before dying and have the sense of urgency that should come with a hive rush because the aliens can movement in at any second? It would be FANTASTIC.

Re: We need this, if only for mod nights or some such... NS2:Classic

I'd almost just want to play ns1, yeah the graphics aren't as pretty but its what the game is and we'd get all the old maps. though, if this is easier to run from a behind the scenes point of view, i can understand that too. i do miss some features from ns1

Comment

Yes yes, 1000 times yes, we need this mod. Is it possible to have it for 1 night a week? This seems like it would be a huge game changer, new way to reuse existing maps.
      DO AS I COMMAND - Megatron possibly the hardest working commander ever known.

Comment

I'm of the opinion that NS1 and NS2 are fundamentally two different games, and trying to overwrite the cool things the devs have done with either is a bit silly. However, I would enjoy this every Saturday night or something.
        Skud

Comment

I've got too much going on behind the scenes at the moment to take on the technical of this.

I'm not interested in playing this, and I'm happy to provide it one night despite that (and would likely join in, just because), if there's sufficient demand.

Just not soon.
          Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Not to mention it still has quite a bit of work left... Or at least it did a few weeks ago when I played it for an hour or so.
            aka Roland tHTG

Comment

I think this would be a fun occasional change from the typical grind.
              Lights Out!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X