Potential Mod

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Potential Mod

Since TG has two servers. Would it be possible to write a mod that automatically connects you to the 2nd server if the first server is full?

Re: Potential Mod

Yes. That would be possible, but they're generally very unpopular.

However, part of that unpopularity stems from the fact that it redirects you unconditionally. I've considered having it query the other server and redirect you only if there's a slot available for you.

I'm 'meh' on the offering, as it displeases as many people as it tends to please.
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Rather than that, is it possible to customize the kick message? So when someone is kicked from the server either due to being bumped for reserved slot, or being rejected due to full server they receive a message either front and centre or in console saying if theres a free slot on the other server OR if its possible giving them the option to join the other server.

If you could make an ingame prompt, give people 10 seconds in the ready room once they get bumped to join the other server rather than being misdirected.
      DO AS I COMMAND - Megatron possibly the hardest working commander ever known.

Comment

I like that idea, Monty, and I think I'll give it a shot. Chat messages is the only message delivery technique I have presently. Chat or console is the only way I have to let players "choose" something presently. No ETA.

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

I've added an advisory to the console of reserved slots victims (those unable to join and those chosen to make room for others). It displays only when the other server has 4+ open slots. It tells them how many slots are available on the other server, and it shows them the console command to type in to join that other server.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X