league maps?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• league maps?

Someone on the server tonight mentioned NSL (or something) maps? Anyone know about those? Do we want them?
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Re: league maps?

I may be mistaken, but I think the NSL maps are just cut-down version of the stock maps for performance increases. I found this: http://forums.unknownworlds.com/disc...m-veil-descent

They just reduce the number of lights and remove all ambient sounds and particles.

Personally I've never had a problem with performance in this game, and I like the ambient sounds and particles. I wouldn't mind having them as an option though, just as long as they're not in the regular map cycle.

Comment

Beige is correct. It's both about performance and visibility though- some competitive players are strongly against playing with maps that have things like holographic maps, because of the way they can impact the game.

Personally, I don't feel like there's a need for them on TG, even for captains games. I have to admit, although I purposely don't use full infestation or atmospherics, I do like the "eye candy" of keeping most of my settings maxed, just for the aesthetic appeal.

Comment

I probably have the worst performance problems out of everyone on TG, which is why I suggested it. It bumps me up to around 50fps instead of like 30fps. It would in fact make my life on Ns2 more livable, but its entirely up to the community.

Comment

Bitch,please. would you mind making a few screenshot & changelog comparisons so we know just what the differences are?

I don't personally care about having them, but if it makes it the ns2 experience better for more players I am for it.

Of course we can always add them to the server as switchable by admins / voteable by players before adding them to the rotation.

Comment

I've replaced veil, tram, summit, and descent w/ their NSL alternatives. The stock maps are removed from rotation and voting and remain on the server.

Please report defects and provide feedback.

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Originally posted by Wyzcrak View Post
              I've replaced veil, tram, summit, and descent w/ their NSL alternatives. The stock maps are removed from rotation and voting and remain on the server.

Please report defects and provide feedback.
              Reversed now, back to stock, after folks who missed this thread objected after seeing the NSL maps in rotation.

Comment

if these maps take away from all the extra bling, i dont want them. I like all the visuals. only thing that sounds nice is the reduced lighting.
                Kalost_tpf/twitch.tv

Comment

I'd like to see the nsl maps on the server used during captains, at least Biodome and/or descent.

I know people have many reasons we never play them, but I'd really like to try them every once in a while.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X