busted mod?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• busted mod?

there is a new mod that just got put on the servers forget what it's called but it's tagged with orphan blacks name, and it just seems to keep crashing my game
    can play fine as aliens as long as i don't go anywhere near a marine base
    ive been on a fair few different servers today and not had a problem it's only the TG servers and as far as i know that mod is the only change in the last day
    There can be no greater pride than the egotism to quote yourself in an internet forum signature -Geriatric

Re: busted mod?

The mod makes it so that female models are displayed (among other minor updates) when re-spawning. is there any reason that those would be different for you?

Is this affecting anyone else?

Don't swear at anyone.
    Be respectful.
    Your team comes first.

Comment

cant think of any other reason than me being chauvinist
      There can be no greater pride than the egotism to quote yourself in an internet forum signature -Geriatric

Comment

deleted all the game content and re-downloaded the game and it still crashes

Comment

Lots of players reported lag today. Lots. Meanwhile, the server looked as strong as it ever does. I don't know enough about orphan's mod to say it's to blame.

I've removed his mod. If players continue to report as much lag as they did today, I'll likely re-enable orphan's mod after determining the actual cause of this new lag.

No one has reported client crashes today (to my knowledge).
          Last edited by Wyzcrak; 11-06-2013, 02:44 AM.
          Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

it must definitely be that mod, was just playing on TG servers earlier and it ran fine

Comment

Geriatric,

Did you happen to check your console at all before these crashes? I've noticed that if I get near a female model, I get spam in the console that says, basically, it can't find several of the voice files for the female model.

Wondering if something associated with that may be causing your crash. If you begin to crash again, make sure to try to force a crash and check console activity before it fails if you can.

Mom
              Games lubricate the body and the mind. - Benjamin Franklin
              Ever since the beginning, to keep the world spinning, it takes all kinds of kinds. -Miranda Lambert

You're a 34, Mom. Thirty. Four.
              Forever Perplexed

Comment

i never noticed a beginning to the crash the game just freezes and some log file is created

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X