X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grenade tweaks

So I made a grenade mod:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile...92&searchtext=

Long story short, I don't think grenades are used enough due to poor implementation. They're too expensive for what they do, they don't drop on death, and they're rarely researched in the early game when they're (arguably) most useful. What do you guys think?

- Grenade research lowered to 5 res
    - All grenades now 2 res
    Like the server? Become a regular! TGNS Required Reading
    Answers to every server question? Yes! TGNS FAQ

Re: Grenade tweaks

Originally posted by aeroripper View Post
    So I made a grenade mod:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile...92&searchtext=

Long story short, I don't think grenades are used enough due to poor implementation. They're too expensive for what they do, they don't drop on death, and they're rarely researched in the early game when they're (arguably) most useful. What do you guys think?
    I think it's a little deeper than that too. Personally, I don't like how they bounce around. It happens SOOOO often that I'll throw one, get it right into the vent where a gorge or something is hiding, and it'll bounce right back out at me, which doesn't really make sense... why are they so bouncy???

Also, they need a crosshair or a dot in the middle of the screen, or something, I keep throwing them into walls, and when I finally DO get it into a vent... well, see the above complaint.

I like the changes you've made above, and if you can find a way to change the physics of it (make its bounce coefficient less?) and add a crosshair, that'd be awesome!

Comment

Re: Grenade tweaks

Grenade physics were toned down a few patches ago, so they should land pretty much where you throw them now. I'm not a coder so I'm not sure how to do much more with them beyond the balance stuff. Ideally having a separate button to quickly toss a grenade then switch back to your previous weapon would be ideal. In the meantime using quickswitch works okay too.
      Like the server? Become a regular! TGNS Required Reading
      Answers to every server question? Yes! TGNS FAQ

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...