Name length restrictions?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Name length restrictions?

Hey, seeing as we prepend 3 characters to anyone who has signed the primer, do you think the same mod can increase the length of names shown on the scoreboard and in chat by 3 characters?

Re: Name length restrictions?

i dont think we need to, if your one of the people that have a rediculously long name just for the lol's your name is going to get shortened to something easier to say by anyone on the server
    and people with rediculous tags next to it to try and make it look pretty can bugger off eg [[[-Geriatric-]]] that's just a waste of characters, keep it simple
    There can be no greater pride than the egotism to quote yourself in an internet forum signature -Geriatric

Comment

I share Geri's general sentiment, but I regularly accommodate requests I don't particularly see a need for, if they're simple enough to implement and no one gets too upset by it.

I don't know /how/ to do what you're asking, and I know the NS2 code makes assumptions in many places that the name will not, in fact, be longer than it's expected to be.

I don't have any plans to meet this request. Sorry. :(
      Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

I'm promoting keeping things as close to vanilla as possible. People should not have to change their nickname because of a server side mod that eats characters.

One reason why I care is that people should be aware that I am streaming on the server - the best way to do that is to change my name to twitch.tv/microNS

This is perfectly within the 19 characters ns2 allows (actually its only 17), and only when i switch to TG do I have to remember to change it because now I am "P> twitch.tv/microN"

The NS font is not monospace, so that name is quite short in the scoreboard. Nicknames with less characters can extend longer on the scoreboard (hello WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW)

I think its offensive to try and enforce naming conventions on anyone else that plays ns. Geriatric I would prefer you to change your name to 'old_man', since its less syllables and easier for me to read why are you even using a capital letter it doesn't look good.

Comment

Sounds like the effort/benefit is too low for this request. Knew it was a long shot but possible that it was just a server setting somewhere which would be OKd.

Comment

I'd change a simple server setting to accommodate this.
            Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

im using a capital letter in my name because back in my day we used correct grammar
              There can be no greater pride than the egotism to quote yourself in an internet forum signature -Geriatric

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X