Mod addition or Tweak - RFC

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mod addition or Tweak - RFC

Allow only 12% - 20% of the players on a team to be the required votes needed to concede/surrender.

This should cut down on players refusing to play and/or trolling players and/or trolling the commander and/or whining to everyone non-stop to surrender since they are not allowed to just F4 out when the current required amount of the team does not want to quit.
    It will also allow new primer signers to get more games in faster to get special P> badge! This may bring in more people and might even get both servers populated at once.

Re: Mod addition or Tweak - RFC

We are pretty satisfied with the current concede threshold for Win or Lose. Usually there is an admin or guardian on the server that can handle said trolling/whining.

Comment

I'm reminded of the frustrations folks express when they're not allowed to mute other players. "Let me MUTE this guy so I don't have to listen to his inconsiderate voice spam (or obnoxious trolling, whatever)!". No.... rather, we'll just remove that mute-worthy behavior (and, if need be, that player).

Socially or administratively, remove behaviors which stand in conflict with our tenets. Spamming/F4ing/trolling are in conflict with a few of our tenets (Teamwork, Communication, and Respect immediately come to mind). Lowering the bar (fewer votes, in this case) is rarely the solution (sometimes it is).

I know that the "I'm done trying -- you should stop trying, too" frustration can sometimes be expressed as sarcasm, or passive aggression. Social cowardice doesn't absolve offenders. Just because someone doesn't have the courage to say plainly what's on their mind doesn't mean they're allowed to carry themselves unacceptably.

Everyone gets frustrated. But if someone won't let it go WHILE the rest of the team is trying, you don't have to tolerate that (again, don't be a jerk as you enforce).
      Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Also, I know that, sometimes, you're just stuck on a team with NO leadership whatsoever, even when it comes time to give up. Those moments are very trying, and there's really no administrative solution there, as there's no agreement to follow at /all/.

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

If you lock it down too much, people will just quit and find another server though.
          Who you gonna call?

Comment

That consideration certainly influenced the current design.

Comment

I remember going through a phase (ha, ha) in LM like this, okay prevent recycling of base structures, no they just F4, prevent F4, no they just exit.

One sunny april 1st I added "exit" to the disallowed commands, that was a riot.
              Who you gonna call?

Comment

I remember going through a phase (ha, ha) in LM like this, trying to prevent people from ending games that didn't need to be ended (or something) by preventing F4, no they just exited instead.

One sunny april 1st I added "exit" to the list of disallowed console commands, that was a riot.
                Who you gonna call?

Comment

I don't personally think the suggestion in the OP is necessary as I very rarely see trolls of any type in TG NS2 games. Granted I play during "prime" hours mostly so there are is usually 80% regulars online but even in off hours I rarely see a troll. The couple times there have been voice-spam the perpetrator was swiftly dealt with. I actually think lowering the Surrender threshold to be that low would be detrimental due to the "desk flip" or rage-surrender votes that happen. Sometimes only two people will vote to Surrender at a point during the match then that team goes on to win. I admittedly have been guilty of rage surrender votes so it's nice having the threshold where it's at currently (75% i believe).

Comment

Originally posted by Bluedreams View Post
                    If you lock it down too much, people will just quit and find another server though.
                    Not all of them. :) Also, other servers suck.

But seriously though, if they're not mature/smart/w/e enough to understand why these rules are in place, they're probably not the types who will fit into this community anyways. It's not just a server, it's the mindset of the tactical gamer community. I would much rather have the small, loyal, tight-knit community that we enjoy here now, rather than a large, diverse, whiny commun- no... chaos that comes with more lax rules. I'm not tied to TGNS, I play on other servers quite regularly, and it's a very different experience. With TGNS, you MUST respect, communicate, and work as a team. While I won't go as far as to say there's a total lack of respect on the other servers -- there isn't, most people are actually quite civil -- it is VERY difficult to get people to communicate and work as a team. Generally, the quality of play is just... better on these servers.

And usually, whenever I have to tell someone f4-ing is against the rules, they'll ask why. Once I explain why, it sort of clicks with most people, and they're usually willing to accept it after that.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                    X