AFK Plugin?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AFK Plugin?

It's often noted with some irritation on the server that when the forced random is used and deposits all people in the ready room onto teams, it rarely fails that there are a couple of AFK's present. Usually this proves little more than an annoyance, but it still saps resources and tends to disadvantage teams if they manage to accumulate a couple, which tends to happen from time to time.

As such while playing last night I made the suggestion that we create a plugin such that people who go afk can punch a command and not be included when the mass random team happens. I don't mean a system that can automatically try to detect who is AFK and who isn't, since that would be substantially more complicated. What I suggested is a system whereby people who go AFK between games can do something like type /afk in their console so they won't be put on a team when the game starts.

As for turning it off I'm not sure if it'd be terribly complicated to just have it automatically disable when a user returns from idle or join a team (Since the server does record idle time for the purposes of punting people to HLTV) or have them just go /afk again.

At any rate, it was suggested I post this on the forums to gauge interest, so here it is.

Re: AFK Plugin?

If a player goes AFK and thinks enough before hand to type "/afk", then they may as well type “disconnect”. Players who go AFK should leave the server to keep from disrupting the game and to free a slot for an active player. It’s too easy for a quick 2 minute AFK to change into 20.
    Steam Community: | |

Comment

Isn't it counterintuitive to have a keyboard command for afk-ness?
      [volun2]
      NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
      Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
      <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
      <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Comment

Here's a suggestion. If a person executes the /afk command their name is automatically changed to reflect their status (to, say, "[afk]Zib") much like CD would do, and they are excluded from consideration by amx_random.

They will still get autokicked by the idle kicker but they are not forced onto a team. So this let's someone go afk to grab a soda, and then join up with a team when they get back.

Once they join a team their name is switched back and they are re-included for consideration by amx_random. Alternatively, they can say /afk a second time and have their status be toggled back to normal.
        Cool! Personalized plates! Barclay, Barry, Bert, Bort...come on...Bort?

Comment

Id have to agree with kormendi on this one. Why not just type joinhltv. Besides, Im sure there arent many of us who would actually use the feature.
          USAR

Comment

Originally posted by squeak
            Id have to agree with kormendi on this one. Why not just type joinhltv. Besides, Im sure there arent many of us who would actually use the feature.
            On a full/near-full server, you may not wish to risk losing your slot.
            Cool! Personalized plates! Barclay, Barry, Bert, Bort...come on...Bort?

Comment

Originally posted by zibalatz
              It is my understanding that the policy is to disconnect when going AFK, at least at one time it was.
              Steam Community: | |

Comment

Originally posted by zibalatz
                If you don't want to lose your slot, pee in a bottle. If you're not going to be there to play, tough noogies.
                [volun2]
                NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
                Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
                <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
                <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Comment

Originally posted by Pokerface
                  If you don't want to lose your slot, pee in a bottle. If you're not going to be there to play, tough noogies.
                  Or, better yet, plan ahead. Put your computer in the bathroom. It's bound to be better than, say, putting your computer next to the fridge.

Comment

Originally posted by rs_al
                    Or, better yet, plan ahead. Put your computer in the bathroom. It's bound to be better than, say, putting your computer next to the fridge.
                    Who's to say you can't have it near both? :)

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                    X