Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

cloak detection without motion tracking...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cloak detection without motion tracking...

this is without doubt one of the most difficult thing as a marine but once you get used to it, it will turn you into a true kharaa hunter.

first off, you have to understand that even lvl 3 cloaks aren't as "cloaked" as you think they are (if they were, i wouldn't be posting this very day).

okay, now comes the good stuff:
    the best way to hunt for cloaked kharaas is just by standing/crouching very still and DON'T move, but use your eyes to can carefully around you. if there's a kharaa that's moving while cloaked at you, you can still see a "slight" movement. once you find your background "moving", FIRE THE BEJESUS THAT IT.

you have no idea how effective that is. i've perhaps killed like 7 aliens like that. (the last one that killed me was much too close to me and that i had low health)

this advice may not be the one you're looking for, but seriously, this is REALLY fun once you learn how to and master it ;)

good will hunting

Audio is your friend. I've drilled countless skulks within the range of sensory chambers using the LMG because they ran right at me cloaked. You can hear a running skulk long before he arrives at you.

Wyzcrak
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

good eyes and good ears. Your ears tell you as much about what is happening as your eyes do. Pay attention to them

Comment

Very good advise on all posts... GJ nightfire...

Comment

I just uh, either find the alien and shoot it, or jump when he bites, if i have level 1 armor i can kill a cloaked alien even if he gets the jump on me... usualy =P

Like wyz said though, Listen, you can hear skulks coming from a long ways off.

Comment

Originally posted by NothingMore.
            I just uh, either find the alien and shoot it, or jump when he bites, if i have level 1 armor i can kill a cloaked alien even if he gets the jump on me... usualy =P

Might want to get better then for 3.0 :) A cloaked Focused skulk is a nasty bugger. One bite and your dead.
            I am the one, I am the zero, I am your low resolution hero.

Comment

Originally posted by Bentley
              Originally posted by NothingMore.

Might want to get better then for 3.0 :) A cloaked Focused skulk is a nasty bugger. One bite and your dead.
              And I take silence so your buddies don't even notice I just pwn3d j00!

Armor 1 is one of my first upgrades in Combat now...
              "Hardly used" will not fetch a better price for your brain.

Comment

Armor 1 is one of my first upgrades in Combat now...

Its become almost a necessity to combat the focus/cloak skulks :(

And I take silence so your buddies don't even notice I just pwn3d j00!
                I've been finding recently that Silence absolutly rocks in Combat. I never realized just how much I rely on sound to track skulks around me. I've been able to rack up 4-5 kills per run as a skulk with Silence. I'll usualy get Clerity and Silence as my first upgrades now. Close fast, and they don't even hear :)

Comment

I'll usualy get Clerity and Silence as my first upgrades now. Close fast, and they don't even hear
                  and this is in... 3.0 NS:C?

Comment

Originally posted by Bentley
                    I'll usualy get Clerity and Silence as my first upgrades now. Close fast, and they don't even hear :)
                    ?

Am I missing something? Arent they both movement based upgrades? So how can you get them both? Or were you just messing around?

Comment

In combat you can get any upgrade you want, even if it's from a previously used chamber.

Comment

nice!

Comment

Combat works thus:

There are a total of 10 levels, and you gain experience from killing oponents, or being near teammates that kill oponents. When you level up, you gain an Experiance Point to spend on ablities.

When you begin the game, you are a basis skulk, with one hive ablities (Bite, and Parasite) With your first experience point you can either purchase any of the upgrades available (Regen, Cloak, Silence, etc), Gain a Hive Level (Leap, Xenocide), or evolve to a new lifeform. With the upgrades you can theoreticly get all Nine upgrades, but then you could not have Hive 2 or 3 ablities, and could only be a skulk.

You also don't re-chose these upgrades when you die. You will spawn with those upgrades for the rest of the game. Same with Lifeforms, if you spend the points (3 currently) to go Onos, you will then be an Onos for the rest of the game. As your probably thinking, thats something of a balance concern right now :)

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                          X