Spec bet changes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spec bet changes

I'd really love to see a few changes to spec bets, such as being able to see all placed bets with something like bet but leaving out the names in the command. Or have it be something like showbets. For longer games it can be hard to keep track of who you've bet on to beat who and how much. It would also be nice if there were some kind of wipe bets or clear table type command since a bet made early on with certain odds change as soon as marine equipment or alien lifeform changes. If that is just supposed to be a risk of betting then no problem but would be nice when you have a lot of bets, but then the game changes without meeting one of the player kills player resolutions of the bet. I know I've heard others talk about being able to place bets on an entire team (particularly on captains nights) like bet aliens marines 100. But that seems like it would take more work since it would change the logic from player to team and would have to have different triggers. I would also like to be able to see overall results of bets on the 1st round of a captains game, since typically you only see the results of 'total bets' 'highest loss' etc. after a game where you end up in the RR. The captains mode where we auto switch teams is awesome in terms of ease of use for the players on both teams, but if you've been betting in spec mode seems like you miss out on seeing the overall bets.

Edit:
    Also in the last two weeks (since the last update perhaps) bet seems to no longer work, I did have quite a bank built up since spec bets was introduced (nothing like Brian's but nice for me) but I'm now getting the message I have insufficient bank(0) every time I try to bet. It also says play more full games to earn bank, so I presumed the amounts had just been reset and I needed to start over; however, even after playing games over the last week I'm still getting the same 'insufficient bank(0)' messages.
    Last edited by Kronos; 02-03-2017, 09:01 PM. Reason: Added current issue

bah still looks like it's broken, since no responses yet

Comment

I believe it is still broken. Someone was complaining about it just the other day. Mine has been broken since I went over the limit of the largest number that lua can represent in a number variable...

Comment

Kronos Please test that I've restored functionality to specbets. If I have, we can return our focus to your feature requests.
        Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

( or Brian. :) You may test, too! )
          Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X