Lerk Flight Pwns You

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lerk Flight Pwns You

I've seen alot of people complain about the new Lerk flight model.

Your not alone, when it was first introduced, it was pretty much universally hated by CM's and Vets. That is, until we gave it a chance.

Lerk flight pwns you. Hard.

The new model is very different from the 2.0 rapid-flap vertical lift system. True, when you first try out the 3.0 Lerk, it does feel very heavy, and clumsy. But thats because your trying to fly it like a 2.0 Lerk. Thats the first thing you need to unlearn. Forget everything you knew or thought you knew about the Lerk. It's a whole new bird.

Flight now works like this: Flapping gives you very little vertical lift. Its no longer needed. To get of the ground, tap your jump button a couple of times very fast, until your about Marine shoulder height. Then press and hold your forward button. HOLD IT. Then tap your jump key once or twice again. THEN HOLD DOWN YOUR JUMP KEY. This is very important. The new model is based around glide, not flapping. You should only ever need to flap your wings to either get off the ground, or pick up speed. GLIDING IS KEY. Once you are gliding, use your mouse to steer. Your basicly in free look, where you look is where you glide. The more you turn, the more you lose speed, but you should only need 2-3 flaps to pick up speed to maximum again.

Practice. If you can even just get the hang of flying, its far superior to the 2.0 model. Master it, and in my opinion, the Lerk is better than the Fade when it comes to hit and run.
    I am the one, I am the zero, I am your low resolution hero.

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG hi2u.

The Lerk OWNS. I can't express the amount of ownage it is to be able to move that quickly on 3 different axis'. Marines can't touch you because they can't follow you.

Comment

helps when you have jump bound to the mouse wheel, helps get altitude quickly.

Comment

lerk hitboxes are really really REALLY strange, maybe it's cuz of lag, but i like aim to the side of the lerk and he runs into it a split second later... i have to lead it in ways that i didn't have to in 2.0

then again, maybe it's the lag.

(do you think you're all alone?)~

Comment

As I have stated: The new Lerk flight is great. I only have one complaint.

With a combination of:
          1. Adrenaline
          2. a large room
          3. spikes
          4. good aim

I could do some massive damage to a group of marines. Granted, spikes are gone so it's moot, but I no longer have the ability to gas then spike like a madman while strafing the marines while they pitifully tried to hit me with LMG/shotgun fire.

In crampt maps, this is not an issue: I just miss doing this in Reactor/Holo Room.

Comment

without lag, lerks are fairly easy to take down.

Step 1: Crouch.
            Step 2: Aim straight at the lerk.
            Step 3: Pull the trigger.
            Step 4: Taunt.

(Or you could bypass step 1 and 2 by aiming at your own feet right before the lerk comes, but this is a lot trickier to time. You can't aim straight at him. You have to aim straight down, if you don't crouch.)

Comment

My Umbra will kick your ass.

Comment

umbra only affects you while you're in umbra ^^ if you umbra ME, then i'll shoot you before you can get close. if you umbra YOURSELF from far away, then i'll shoot you when you get close. If you umbra inbetween tho.... ::jumps away::

Comment

Is it me or does umbra fade away really quickly now?

Comment

Originally posted by Sasuke
                    umbra only affects you while you're in umbra ^^ if you umbra ME, then i'll shoot you before you can get close. if you umbra YOURSELF from far away, then i'll shoot you when you get close. If you umbra inbetween tho.... ::jumps away::

We shall see, meatsack.

Edit: Yes, umbra dosn't last very long, 3 seconds at the most. Thats why I have hud_fastswitch 1 on. Fastswitch between bite and umbra, and keep things covered.

Comment

(Or you could bypass step 1 and 2 by aiming at your own feet right before the lerk comes, but this is a lot trickier to time. You can't aim straight at him. You have to aim straight down, if you don't crouch.)
                      :? funny? I don't get it.

serious? I don't get it.
                      --
                      CaveDog
                      "Go sell crazy somewhere else... we're all stocked up here."

Comment

it's how you take down lerks cavedog =\ and skulks too, it's a lot easier to aim while crouched.

Comment

Did they ever fix the marine hit boxes while crouched?

Comment

That was fixed for 2.0

Comment

Originally posted by CaveDog

:? funny? I don't get it.

serious? I don't get it.
                              This is coming from the guy who "Can't get it up"

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse