Line of Fire

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Line of Fire

Line of fire is not enough considered during the placement of ranged weapons.

There are other examples, but what I see most frequently is OCs and marines. Both fire ranged weapons, and both can block one another.

When you place multiple OCs in a room, make sure they're not going to be shooting each other when marines enter the room.

When you're a marine, always position yourself, whether you're fighting units or structures, such that you never block your teammates' line of sight (LOS) on the mutual target. Check marine placements before you fire. Check marine placements before you move.

I could write two pages about both of these principles, as this is easier said than done in battle, but that's just going to turn the reader off. Yes, the details can be many, but the principle is simple.

Concentrate on this when you're playing. Do not allow yourself to block friendly attacks if you can avoid it.
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Re: Line of Fire

On this same topic, I find that careless gorges often place a chamber or RT next to 2 or 3 OCs where I can knife the non-offensive structure to my heart's content while the OCs are shooting it, then leave having killed the structure which was my target, and ignored the two dead (now useless) offense chambers.

It's fun, but not very helpful to the aliens.

Comment

My quick 2 cents...

If your on point and you see incoming enemies, just crouch. Sure your no longer moving and an easy target, but likewise, your teammates can now shoot over your head and your combined firepower will more than likely take out the enemy before it gets to you.

A far better alternative to your teammates firing half their clips into your skull and then having to deal with an alien at close range with a depleted clip, no?

Comment

Something I see often enough that is bothers me, is when marines are unloading thier clips into an rt through a doorway or across a room, and someone walks through the fire. There is often no urgency involved, only carelessness.

Pay attention and either walk around or wait until they are reloading. You're not only taking damage, you're preventing damage that would be done to an enemy structure.

Comment

I know this is not directly related to the line of fire topic, but Irish's mentioning of taking down an RT reminds me of this: when taking down alien structures (especially RTs), don't all unload on the RT at the same time. Start shooting at it a few seconds after someone else. The reason is that you want to stagger your reload times so that the whole marine contingent doesn't get wiped out by a single skulk who shows up while you're all reloading.
          Cool! Personalized plates! Barclay, Barry, Bert, Bort...come on...Bort?

Comment

another of my favorites is when the marines all walk in "ant trails" down hallways. stagger yourselves, back up a couple paces. even if the point man dies the team will get the kill and hold the position. Too many times I see marines one after the other grouped up in hallways and they all die when if one was 7 paces back your corpses would not be clogging up the spawn cue.

Comment

walls are your friends. Until skulks get that cool startrek-walk-through-walls cloaking, with your back up against a wall, the meat on your ass is gonna be fine at teh end of a fight.
              It's your dangly bits you have to worry about then....
              Ambriento for comm! Vote today!

Comment

I always thought it funny that a room full of marines will start 'dodging' when being rush by skulks.
                From down a hallway. Were the marines have rang on thier side...... All they end up doing is shooting
                thier teamates down to 1 bite range...
                The alien fails because it cannot embrace the Emperor.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X