Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to make hud fast switching work for mouse wheel?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to make hud fast switching work for mouse wheel?

I know this is bad because bunnyhopping should be used for mouse wheel, but I want to know how I can get the fast switching weapons to work for the mousewheel. I have the knife gaming pack installed, and I know that entering +mousewheel in the .cfg should work, but there is a problem.

The problem is that using that command only makes fast switching enabled for what I use as "Next weapon." The command "Previous weapon" doesn't recognize the fast switching and the weapons menu pops up like normal. I have no idea how to make it so both next and previous work with the mousewheel.........I tried just +mwheelup and +mwheeldown but that gave the same result. Help please!

Re: How to make hud fast switching work for mouse wheel?

You could try a complicated script that actually cycled your mousewheel binds through the different slot binds as you changed weapons...

I could write it out for you, but I'm headed out to the movies. It shouldn't be too hard to put together though. The basic concept is that while you have weapon2 selected, mwheelup selects weapon3 and mwheeldown selects weapon1, and so on, changing with each slot.

Comment

I would try, but I haven't written any kind of script in four years......if it's not too much work, could you write it sometime when you're not at the movies =P I would really, really appreciate it.

Comment

I can't actually remember whether wheel-up is supposed to be next weapon or previous weapon, since I don't use my mousewheel at all. I've written this assuming wheel-up is previous, and wheel-down is next.

Code:
        alias "cycle1" "slot1; bind mwheelup cycle5; bind mwheeldown cycle2"
        alias "cycle2" "slot2; bind mwheelup cycle1; bind mwheeldown cycle3"
        alias "cycle3" "slot3; bind mwheelup cycle2; bind mwheeldown cycle4"
        alias "cycle4" "slot4; bind mwheelup cycle3; bind mwheeldown cycle5"
        alias "cycle5" "slot5; bind mwheelup cycle4; bind mwheeldown cycle1"

bind "1" "cycle1"
        bind "2" "cycle2"
        bind "3" "cycle3"
        bind "4" "cycle4"
        bind "5" "cycle5"
        bind "mwheelup" "cycle5"
        bind "mwheeldown" "cycle2"
        Please, test this and tell me if it works. :p

Comment

Note: The in-game next weapon and previous weapon features automatically check which weapon slots you actually have before trying to switch to them. Something like that is far beyond my coding skills, so my script will try to switch you to slots 3, 4, and 5 even if you can't actually use them. So be aware of that when scrolling through empty slots. (For example, as a 1-hive alien, you only have access to slots 1 and 2, and if you use mwheeldown from slot 2, the script will do basically nothing for 3 clicks as it tries to give you slots 3 4 and 5, before wrapping back around to slot 1 again.)

Also, if you dont use number keys 1-5 for your normal slots 1-5, substitute whatever you do use in the last paragraph of the script above.

Comment

Aren't there impulses that do what you need?
            Steam Community: | |

Comment

I don't know. Are there?

My recollection is that having mwheel bound to next or previous weapon will not use fastswitch, even if fastswitch is turned on. But there might be a way to get around that.

Comment

founds it :)

"impulse 1" will change your weapon ala fast switch... there is no previous though.

Comment

And now that I pay attention, that is in fact exactly what the original poster complained of. He could get "next weapon" to use fastswitch, but not "previous weapon". Well, now my handy little script will do both for you. :)

Comment

Ah, but if there is no previous, it still doesn't help my problem :)

P.S. Tried out the script, works exactly like you said! For the most part, scrolling through empty slots won't be a problem since as a Marine, I would mostly be switching from primary weapon to pistol or primary weapon to weld or grenade which is only a click away, and for aliens, switching from Blink to Slash is just a click back and forth too, so it should be alright. Thank you so much for your help; I definitely couldn't have done that on my own, haha.

Let me know if a magical impulse to scroll backwards ever appears! :P

Comment

Yo.

I dunno if this will work for you, but if nothing else, it's worth a shot; why not just bind mwheelup to slot1 (static), and use the mwheeldown to fast-switch? I mean, that way you could like figure out how many clicks down from the 'top' a given weapon is. I know this isn't that efficient, but no form of using a mousewheel to change weapons IS :D. Good luck.

"Who put the fun in dysfunctional? I." - Aesop Rock

"Cuz you can choose to say 'Good morning, God! =)' or 'Good God, morning! =(" - Blackalicious

Comment

This is what I do, I have an MX-510 gaming mouse

I bind

MWHEELUP "slot1"
                        MWHEELDOWN "slot2 "
                        MOUSE4 "slot3 "
                        MOUSE5 "slot4"

I micromanage my weapons pretty well with those buttons, if you want to use the mousewheel I think thats the way to go.
                        slo

Comment

As for me, here are my mouse binds:

Mouse1 "+attack"

Yep, thats it. I used to have all sorts of convenient binds on my mouse, but I got oh-so-tired of hitting them by accident when I didn't mean to. So I eventualy moved them all over to the keyboard, where its much harder to misclick, and now I just use the mouse to aim and shoot. Just aim and shoot. :p

Comment

Originally posted by kormendi
                            founds it :)

"impulse 1" will change your weapon ala fast switch... there is no previous though.
                            The impulse for weapons switching doesn't work, you have to manually bind the mousewheel to previous/next weapon to get it to work.

Comment

Originally posted by TheAdj`
                              The impulse for weapons switching doesn't work, you have to manually bind the mousewheel to previous/next weapon to get it to work.
                              That is odd... because I tested it when I first made the post and it worked. And I just tested it now and it still works.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X