Good with scripting? Pls help.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good with scripting? Pls help.

I am looking for two things. One or the other would be fine, but both would be great.

I am looking for a: A place to learn how to script. Tutorials, downloadable scripts, some help with the more programming side of the halflife engine.

I am looking for b: A few scripts for the game. I posted this a while back, but with the script i had made, it wasn't working right at all.

So I'm looking for a place where i can write my own, or download and customize a few. Not looking to load them on like a few people i know, but a few things to make it easyier on myself.

Fade: Mouse1 swipe, Mouse2 blink, not sure about metab.
    Pistol, fires 5 shots per pull.
    skulk: mouse1 bite, mouse2 leap
    marine, medpack / ammo / pg script saying, binded to buttons

that's about it, wiggle walk, i've always wanted to know how to do it... but that's hopefully something I can just learn...

Thanks in advance.
    Ambriento for comm! Vote today!

Re: Good with scripting? Pls help.

Some the things you mention are not possible to do with scripts but here are some that may help you.

Pistol
    alias +pscript "+attack; wait; -attack wait; +attack"
    alias -pscript "-attack;

or

alias +fastshot "+attack"
    alias -fastshot "-attack; wait; wait; +attack; wait; wait; wait; -attack"

The first one fires 2 shots with 1 click, the second one fires 1 shot with 1 click then another when you unpress, try both and see what one you like. Generally you have to fire slower with the second one.

Quickswitch
    alias +bs "slot2"
    alias -bs "slot1"

When you hold down the key its bound to it changes to slot 2, when you let go it goes back to slot1, it doesn’t attack when you press it you need to press a key bound to +attack. This script is basically just like using lastinv but a little different. It also works on blockscripts servers

Meds/ammo
    alias +med "impulse 10; say_team [ MEDPACK ]"
    alias +ammo "impulse 11; say_team [ NEED AMMO ]"

calls for meds or ammo, works on blockscripts servers.

Triple jump
    alias b "+jump;wait;-jump;wait"
    alias +shiz "b;b;+jump"
    alias -shiz "-jump"

Triple jump for bunnyhopping jump timing. Same effect as using the mouse wheel bound to +jump. Add more b's to the +shiz line for more jumps.

To use a script bind a key to the +line of the script like bind space +shiz for the triple jump.

Tracers

// tracer
    traceroffset "-72"
    tracerlength "0.50"
    tracerred "28"
    tracerblue ".8"
    tracergreen ".3"
    traceralpha "0.30"
    tracerspeed "4000"

Pink tracers hawt. Marines need wep 1 or higher for tracers to show up.

Also wiggle walking is just strafing left and right really fast as you run, it speeds you up slightly.

Hope this helps.

Comment

thanks Lazy,
      I'll add them tonight, (gotta learn this script stuff),

/me wishses it wasmore like IRC. with different section, instead of just a single stupid page....

Comment

Originally posted by Userconfig.cfg
        alias b "+jump;wait;-jump;wait"
        alias +shiz "b;b;+jump"
        alias -shiz "-jump"
        bind space +shiz

//Meds Ammo Requests
        alias +med "impulse 10; say_team [ MEDPACK ]"
        alias +ammo "impulse 11; say_team [ NEED AMMO ]"

bind x med
        bind z ammo

// tracer
        traceroffset "-72"
        tracerlength "0.50"
        tracerred "28"
        tracerblue ".8"
        tracergreen ".3"
        traceralpha "0.30"
        tracerspeed "4000"
        And how do i bind that pistol script/use it...

Comment

To use the pistol script, bind it to mouse1 like this:
          Code:
          bind MOUSE1 +pscript
          You'll need to use the same bind command on those med and ammo calls, although with a different key instead of MOUSE1.

There's a great beginner's guide on scripting that you should read on tacticalwiki:
          http://www.tacticalwiki.com/index.php/Scripting

Originally posted by Darkilla
          Fade: Mouse1 swipe, Mouse2 blink, not sure about metab.
          Pistol, fires 5 shots per pull.
          skulk: mouse1 bite, mouse2 leap
          marine, medpack / ammo / pg script saying, binded to buttons
          With small changes, your pistol and med/ammocalls have been answered. Here's the rest of them.

First, the pg call. Note how similar this is to the med and ammo requests.
          Code:
          alias pg "say_team [PG HERE]; impulse 12"
          impulse 12 is the "Standing by/In position" call. You may want to take that out if you plan on using this to ninja pgs.
          You may also want a button to ask others to weld you.
          Code:
          alias weld "say_team [Weld me]; impulse 14"

Next, your leap script.
          Code:
          alias +leapscript "slot3; wait; +attack"
          alias -leapscript "-attack; wait; slot1"
          bind MOUSE2 "+leapscript"
          This will switch to slot 3 and attack when you press down on the right mouse button. When you release it, it will switch back to slot 1. Oddly, if you use this exact script on the marines, it will pull out your knife and swipe with it as long as you hold down the right mouse button. When you release it, it will return to your primary weapon.

Finally, your fade scripts.
          Code:
          alias blinkQscript "slot1; bind MOUSE1 +attack"
          alias blinkEscript "slot2; bind MOUSE1 +attack"
          alias blinkRscript "slot3; bind MOUSE1 +attack"
          alias blinkTscript "slot4; bind MOUSE1 +attack"

//blink mouse1 script
          alias +blink1script "slot1; wait; +attack"
          alias -blink1script "-attack"
          //blink mouse2 script
          alias +blink2script "slot2; wait; +attack"
          alias -blink2script "-attack; bind mouse1 +blink1script"
          This takes a bit more explaining. First, I use Q, E, R, and T for slots 1-4, which is why I used the alias names blinkQscript, etc. You'll have to bind those four to what you usually use as your slot keys. Also, bind +blink2script to mouse2.
          When you press mouse2, you will switch to blink and start moving. When you release the button, it stay on blink. However, it will change mouse1 so that mouse1 now switches to swipe and uses it. If you use any of the normal slot buttons, it will switch to that weapon and allow you to use mouse1 to attack normally with any weapon.

Finally, you'll need some way of quickly switching between the skulk and fade configurations in the middle of the game:
          Code:
          alias skulk "bind mouse2 +leapscript; bind q slot1; bind e slot2; bind r slot3; bind r slot4; developer 1; motdfile echo.txt; motd_write =~-Skulk Mode-~=; MOTD; developer 0; bind F9 fade"
          alias fade "bind mouse2 +blink2script; bind e blinkEscript; bind q blinkQscript; bind r blinkRscript; bind t blinkTscript; developer 1; motdfile echo.txt; motd_write =~-Fade Mode-~=; MOTD; developer 0; bind F9 skulk"
          skulk
          cycle1 and cycle2 both change the keys q, e, r, t, and mouse2 to what they should be for skulks and fades. They also change F9 so that pressing F9 switches between skulk mode and fade mode. Finally, they display text on the top left corner of your screen that says what mode you're in.
          By putting "skulk" on a line by itself, I've told the game to execute the alias "skulk" when it loads the configuration file. This way, whenever you join the alien team and load this configuration file, it will start in skulk mode.

On a somewhat unrelated note, I'd like to ask the admins if they'd be cool with me putting this kind of stuff on TacticalWiki.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X