Labelled Minimap for ns_rampage

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Labelled Minimap for ns_rampage

I actually put this together after the last time I had a game of it here, and then obviously forgot to link it. Sorry about that. Unzip these to your "...\half-life\ns\sprites\minimaps\" folder. If you want to use transparent ones I have included those as well with a "t_" prefix (so if you want to use them, delete the regular ones and rename the "t_" ones). If someone wants to drop them onto Tacticalwiki, or mirror them feel free, as my pr0 geocities account doesn't exactly drip with bandwidth.

Okay so with my stunning post count of um... 1, I can't actually post links onto the forums. If someone who can would be willing to do so, I can e-mail you the link and/or zip so you can post it for me.

Re: Labelled Minimap for ns_rampage

Many thanks for the contribution, Jazz, and welcome to the forums. I've got a feeling you already have, but be sure you've read all of the required reading.

Listen, about the link, post it with hxxp:// (literal 'xx', instead of http://), or something else that the forums won't catch and which we're smart enough to convert on the fly.

Otherwise, send the link to me via PM, and I'll be happy to throw it in here.
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

i actually wrote a plugin to catch hxxp and turn it into http for me... (been on too many forums..)
      Ambriento for comm! Vote today!

Comment

Jazz PM'd me the maps, and I have mirrored them where we won't have bandwidth concerns.

I'm using the transparent map, and it looks very nice.

Many thanks, Jazz.

Labelled ns_rampage minimaps (transparent included)
        Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

thanks jazz
          'preciate it

Comment

Nice work, you made the spiffy looking 3.1 official ones as well didn't you?
            Like the server? Become a regular! TGNS Required Reading
            Answers to every server question? Yes! TGNS FAQ

Comment

Originally posted by aeroripper
              Nice work, you made the spiffy looking 3.1 official ones as well didn't you?
              Yup, that was me. KungFuDiscoMonkey (the guy that made Altair) actually came up with the idea, as his were in this format when he first submitted his map for Playtesting. We (and *I* in particular) really liked the idea, so I went through and did all the 3.0Final maps in this style, more or less by hand (we did use a filter to actually determine which colors the vents should be, but everything else was just a pixel by pixel coloring job).

And then after I had done all those the Dev team (at that point I was still just one of the Playtest Leads) asked me if I'd like to try a set with Labelled ones as well for 3.1. And with that I came up with an extremely convoluted set of Photoshop Javascript macros, C programs (that I wrote), and batch files to help me simplify the process.

But enough babbeling, I'm glad everyone likes them. If you have any requests for other maps you'd like a similar treatment on, just let me know. I can't guarantee anything but I will do my best to put a set together for you.

Comment

umm, wanna hook me up with some Co maps (as well as a private plugin so I can use a minimap in co?)

That'd be sweet.

I think if mineshaft had some tranparent labelled minimaps poker would put it back on the server... right poker? right???

Comment

Originally posted by Darkilla
                  umm, wanna hook me up with some Co maps (as well as a private plugin so I can use a minimap in co?)
                  There is an entity in every NS map (NS not ns_) that defines the range of X and Y coordinates the map uses. This is primarly used by Commander Mode in Classic to determine how far the commander can scroll in every direction. However its also used by the minimap routines to determine relative positions and how exactly it will draw the minimap. Almost all of the Combat maps don't have these values set even remotely correctly, meaning that the minimap is going to be uselessly small.

Originally posted by Darkilla
                  I think if mineshaft had some transparent labelled minimaps poker would put it back on the server... right poker? right???
                  Sent you a link, I'm pretty sure all the labels are right, its been a while...

Comment

How about you make one for Shiva Jazzy? Since you did such a good job with rampage.
                    The alien fails because it cannot embrace the Emperor.

Comment

Shiva should definitely already be labeled (unless its one of the non-official versions that are floating around).

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                      X