The return of 11th Hour?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The return of 11th Hour?

I remember ChromeAngel's 11th Hour giving TGNS some wicked nuts games "back in the day." With its unorthodox hive designs, dark and light dynamics, eerie ambient sounds, varied elevations, and tall and wide hallways, ns_11th_hr18 looks like it might be worth our time. Maybe not.. but I'd like to give it a shot.

We played v13 last time (05/2003, in the same TG mappack that brought us ns_rampage). I thought this map had long since died to the new version of NS, but tonight I found (I've looked before) a version (v18/FINAL) which seems to be compatible with today's NS. It hasn't been maintained in almost a year and a half, but I just ran around on it, and, while I see some aspects of the map's design that differ somewhat from what we expect in maps these days, I can't help but remember the intense games Support, Water, and Ramp hives -- not to mention the many interesting nodes around the map -- gave us.

The minimap is broken in v18, so I'm hoping we can fix that (Jazz?) if we otherwise like the map.

11th Hour version 1.8 [Final]

I'd like to give this a shot when we're all regulars on the server one night. If I recall correctly, it's a VERY challenging map when all players know it as well as we know our stock maps today.
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Re: The return of 11th Hour?

I'm definatly down... but for the love of god, I NEED NAMES ON THE MINIMAPS!!!

Playing rampage without names is like a blind man driving on the freeway; nothing good happens!
    Ambriento for comm! Vote today!

Comment

50 views and Darkilla is the only one BOLD ENOUGH.. DARING ENOUGH... CONFIDENT ENOUGH to ask for the map?

You guys are WEAK. WEEEEAAAK.

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

I've never heard of it before your post, but as a demonstration of my unweakness, I'll say I'd love to see it.

Comment

You guys gonna let Rampage best you all like that?

WELL? ARE YOU?

Comment

I'll try it!

Comment

The rest are unable to respond because they were trapped in aeroripper's JerkyVault.
              Cool! Personalized plates! Barclay, Barry, Bert, Bort...come on...Bort?

Comment

Do not allow yourselves to be pulled into the Second Level of Zib Joke Hell.

Comment

11th Hour, good times, in a "everything seems to be scaled as if the marines are 8ft tall" sort of way. I remember playing it alongside ns_next and ns_greian, not to forget the 1.0x version of NS Lost (which is kind of fun to look at now, except that it has this nasty tendancy to crash clients and servers if anyone enters the Alpha Hive). You should have a Zip-link in your inbox Wyzcrak.

Comment

plz update this!!!!! and PLAY IT in rotation when fixed!

mor pams plz and THANK YOU

do you serve a purpose or do you purposely serve

Comment

Jazz created minimaps for us. Many thanks, Jazz.

I've hosted them below, but I recommend that you only pull this download if you want the transparent maps (which Jazz included). If this map is ever on TGNS, I'll make sure it's setup to have the non-transparent (just following the norm) minimaps automatically downloaded to your client with the map.

http://tacticalsites.com/~wyzcrak/do...8_minimaps.zip

Again, Jazz... many thanks.

Comment

awesome, the only thing holding me back was the lack of minimaps. Lets fire this up.
                        --------

Zephyr: Besides Wyzcrak and his godly voice; the kind of voice that you will expect to say "Zephyr, I need you to build an ark at Marine Start, with room for two of every structure so that I may turret spam for 40 days and 40 nights" that is.

Squeak:Sometimes I'm awed by zibs genius. Then I remember he's Canadian and I feel significantly less threatened.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                        X