Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

cloak detection without motion tracking...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cloak detection without motion tracking...

Most of you marines get terrified when aliens have cloak, but fear not my brothers, for a true hunter wouldn't require motion tracking for cloak detection, he uses his eyes and ears(unless if they got silent and they are walking)

even though the alien is cloaked, when he moves (walk of course), you can still parts of the alien moving, therefore, my big tip would be to stand still and don't move an inch nor the mouse and watch for moving backgrounds, if you see something moving towards you or moving IN the background, that's a cloaked alien, SHOOT IT!

this type of strategy helped me in combat without having to buy me motion tracking.

PS: get a headset, they work like magic

Re: cloak detection without motion tracking...

Nothing beats on one of those CO maps. Sean was an alien with cloak and I was a marine, he kept trying to come in the same way ever single time and I kept killing him because I saw him move. It was funny, he was getting annoyed.

Comment

Originally posted by _Ender_
      Nothing beats on one of those CO maps. Sean was an alien with cloak and I was a marine, he kept trying to come in the same way ever single time and I kept killing him because I saw him move. It was funny, he was getting annoyed.

you saw him move? while cloaked?

Comment

Originally posted by Nightfire
        you saw him move? while cloaked?
        yeah if you pay really good attention you will see it, kind of like preditor the movie. it distorts the back round alittle and darkens it.

Comment

They're easier to see on some maps then others.

Comment

They arent totally cloaked while stationairy either, Just look close enough and You'll see them... Theres also a bug I've noticed with alot of different 3d cards, where Sprite's get distorted when a cloaked unit is behind them.... so lerk's umbra isnt always a bad thing for marines.
            RAWGRLRLRLRRLGLRL!!!

Nations are like individuals: they achieve more when they plan to plant a tiny tree, and do it, than when they propose to raise an entire forest and then fall asleep in the furrows.

I AM socializing artard, I'm logged on to an MMORPG with people from all over the world and getting XP with my party using Teamspeak

Comment

you CAN see them though, i think wyz killed a walking cloaked skulk like not too long ago in a late night combat game....and as for me, i'm really good in it...but you just can't move...not even your mouse. if you do, you'll be spotted by "hunter-type" marines.

Comment

When playing CO earlier today I was pissing somebody off. He was cloaked and I kept killing him as he was walking towards me... he kept blaming it on lag LOL

Comment

When playing CO earlier today I was pissing somebody off. He was cloaked and I kept killing him as he was walking towards me... he kept blaming it on lag LOL

he should blame himself for being ill tactical with his cloak ;)

Comment

Originally posted by Nightfire
                    he should blame himself for being ill tactical with his cloak ;)
                    Its not about being "ill tactical" (wtf?!?). Most people dont know you can still be seen while cloaked, they just chalk it up to lag, hacker, or whatever.

I was just on a pub server and got banned because I killed an Onos while he as cloaked. It was on eclipse, the onos tried to sneak into the left side door and I unloaded an HMG clip into him and killed him. All of a sudden I saw "omfg that guys a hacker!!! he saw me while I was cloaked!!!!". I tried to explain to him that you could be seen while cloaked and then theirs the fact that he is the size of a house and you would be an idiot if you couldnt spot a cloaked onos. He dropped it. A couple of minutes later I saw a cloaked skulk sneaking into base, I killed it. It was the same guy and again he bitched about me hacking. Another player came to my defense, but they said he was trying to hide the hacker on his team so they could win (we were getting our asses kicked, the game was pretty much over) and kicked him. Then I dropped to console with "you have been banned from this server". I couldnt help but laugh.. stupid nubz

Comment

I was baned for hacking on some server not too long ago.

For different reasons though =P

Comment

thats because you are a hacker...

Comment

Its not about being "ill tactical" (wtf?!?). Most people dont know you can still be seen while cloaked, they just chalk it up to lag, hacker, or whatever.

I was just on a pub server and got banned because I killed an Onos while he as cloaked. It was on eclipse, the onos tried to sneak into the left side door and I unloaded an HMG clip into him and killed him. All of a sudden I saw "omfg that guys a hacker!!! he saw me while I was cloaked!!!!". I tried to explain to him that you could be seen while cloaked and then theirs the fact that he is the size of a house and you would be an idiot if you couldnt spot a cloaked onos. He dropped it. A couple of minutes later I saw a cloaked skulk sneaking into base, I killed it. It was the same guy and again he bitched about me hacking. Another player came to my defense, but they said he was trying to hide the hacker on his team so they could win (we were getting our asses kicked, the game was pretty much over) and kicked him. Then I dropped to console with "you have been banned from this server". I couldnt help but laugh.. stupid nubz

that's why people like those type should NOT be called "n0obs" but "pubs"

Comment

thats because you are a hacker...
                            OMG WALL HACKS!

Comment

for best results: crouch while hunting and don't move your mouse...

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X