Config help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Config help

I'm having trouble making a custom config. I've done it many times in the past when I delete/reinstall ns. This time, I created a file called userconfig.cfg and pasted lazyeye's config in it, but despite me checking everything for about 2 hours now it won't load the binds in-game. If anyone has any ideas why this isn't working i'd really appreciate it. Thanks in advance.

Re: Config help

Make sure your config.cfg is executing userconfig.cfg:

exec userconfig.cfg
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

yea thanks wyz, I made sure it is but its still not recognizing the file. any other ideas?

Comment

exec userconfig.exe at the very end of the config.cfg? Anything the config runs after it will overwrite what was in the userconfig

If it's all still not working, I would suggest trying to put the stuff straight into your config file. Make a backup copy first.

Comment

simple solution: as a backup, bind a key in your config.cfg to "exec userconfig.cfg" and slap the key as soon as you get into game. that'll make sure it executes no matter what

Comment

Try creating a new file called autoexec.cfg, and in that file put

exec userconfig.cfg

Comment

Make sure the filetype is CFG and not TXT, the file might be called userconfig.cfg.txt with hidden extentions turned on. Also the binds in my config dont execicute very well with blockscirpts on a blockscript server F1 and F2 wont work for joining a team, I can rewrite my config to change this if you want.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X