Lerk rush?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lerk rush?

Ok this is probably one of the dumbest strategies I have though of, but I've been thinking about it a bit. We are all familiar with the gorge rush as an attempt to end the game quickly that has the potential to set back the aliens a lot if unsuccessful. I'm thinking, what if we waited the extra seconds for lerks instead?

In an 8v8 game if aliens get two nodes and two movement chambers fairly quickly the other 5 players could lerk. I believe lerk gas does 7 damage per second and though multiple clouds from one lerk don't add up, clouds from different lerks do. This would take with 5 lerks and armor 0 five seconds for gas to take marines down to 10 health and one more to finish them off. So between 4 and 6 seconds for that level of effectiveness. I think that is too optemistic, but after 14 collective hits from gas the marines will fall to one lerk bite. Even 3 lerks could probably keep that up well enough. (between lerks needing healing, getting seperated, or dieing I doubt 5 would be present most of the time) and it takes one less hit from gas to kill them with one skulk bite.

It just seems like it might be something fun to try. I doubt it would be very successful, but then gorge rushes don't work often enough either, and in comparing to gorge rushes, the lerk rush would be fairly immune to base relocations if it does that well.

Re: Lerk rush?

I wonder if this would be a good early game strat if all the lerks just regen (DC first) and sat around gassing marines everywhere denying them map control, while a gorge or two goes around putting up nodes.
    Like the server? Become a regular! TGNS Required Reading
    Answers to every server question? Yes! TGNS FAQ

Comment

Originally posted by aeroripper
      I wonder if this would be a good early game strat if all the lerks just regen (DC first) and sat around gassing marines everywhere denying them map control, while a gorge or two goes around putting up nodes.
      I think that might work better than celerity. I was trying to decide between adren and celerity so I didn't put down either, but regen would help cut down alot on the downtime with going back and healing.

You would want to end the game with this though since you are committing a lot of res and players. Second hive and fade would be delayed a fair bit.

Life will also be easier if you don't give the marines much time to get and have armor 1.

So if the plan goes
      1 person drops node and saves 10 res for a DC
      1 person drops a node and reskulks
      1 person drops two chambers when able
      5 people spread out to cover the map/ambush/defend RTs and then lerk when first to chambers go up.

The 5 lerks should have support from two skulks, 3 skulks after the 3rd chamber is dropped, and of course more if any of the lerks die.

Marines will have shotguns in play before 3rd dc comes up.

I think the map this is done on would make a big difference.

Comment

3-4 good celerity lerks = gg. It's very difficult to survive without wasting a lot of res on shotguns that may or may not be of any use.

Comment

I think the goal would be a strategy that does not require having the best lerks on the server all on the same team. Depends on the definition of "good" lerk though.

Comment

A "good" lerk is one that wont risk it's life to kill a lonely marine.

Many lerks forget that they just put 30 res into themselves. A marine likely put 0 unless he has a SG, but that's still only 10 res.

Comment

A "good" lerk is a lerk that doesn't like to die.

We played a game yesterday and I called lerk in the beginning. A ? took my lerk and died TWICE before I could drop a node and lerk. I went on to die once that entire game, which lasted about 40 minutes.

A good lerk realizes that spores are extremely more important than chomps.

A good lerk doesn't have to fly around, unless getting to the next big group of marines.

-Mom
              Yer Mom /O>

To all but me is the look given but never received. My heart sinks faster and faster every time I look into them, yet I do not understand their controling power on my soul. - W11114m W45h1n670n

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X