critique my fade script

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• critique my fade script

I tend to hold my blink button too long, so I made this script so that a single click uses minimal blinkage. I have it setup so left click is swipe, right click is blink, and thumb is metabolize in order to minimize the need to manually switch weapons.

I haven't tried this out in an actual game yet... let me know if you have any ideas on how to improve it.

Code:
    alias +fade_attack "slot1; wait; +attack"
    alias -fade_attack "-attack; wait; slot2"

alias +fade_metab "slot3; wait; +attack"
    alias -fade_metab "-attack; wait; slot2"

alias +fade_blink "slot2; wait; +attack; wait; wait; -attack; wait; +attack; wait; wait; -attack"
    alias -fade_blink "wait"

bind mouse1 +fade_attack
    bind mouse2 +fade_blink 
    bind mouse4 +fade_metab
    Last edited by kormendi; 09-30-2006, 01:17 AM.
    Steam Community: | |

Re: critique my fade script

Code:
    //nonscripted weapon script... err yeah
    alias +sw3 "slot3"
    alias -sw3 "slot1"
    alias +sw2 "slot2"
    alias -sw2 "slot1"
    alias vone "speak slot3.wav"
    alias vtwo "speak slot2.wav"
    alias sone "bind MOUSE2 +sw3; bind MOUSE3 stwo; vone"
    alias stwo "bind MOUSE2 +sw2; bind MOUSE3 sone; vtwo"
    bind "MOUSE2" "+sw2"
    bind "MOUSE3" "sone"

Here is what I'm currently using to switch weapons for skulk/lerk/fade etc. Looking at what you have, here is what I suggest:

Code:
    alias +fblink "slot2;+attack;wait;wait;-attack" //you will only blink for a short duration
    alias -fblink "slot1" //switches back to slot1 for your mouse1 key
    alias +fmeta "slot3; +attack;wait"  //you will meta until you release the key
    alias -fmeta "-attack;slot1" //switches back to slot1 for your mouse1 key

bind mouse1 +attack
    bind mouse2 +fblink
    bind mouse4 +fmeta
    *untested*

This way if you need to cycle your weapons, blink for a longer duration, or use slot4 you aren't stuck trapped in your script.
    USAR

Comment

In testing I noticed that if slot2 wasnt the active slot when using the blink script it wouldn't work the way I want it to... hence why all my commands switch back to slot2 on the - side.

Comment

Originally posted by kormendi View Post
        In testing I noticed that if slot2 wasnt the active slot when using the blink script it wouldn't work the way I want it to... hence why all my commands switch back to slot2 on the - side.
        That may be due to the durration of the slot switch to the +attack, try this:

alias +fblink "slot2;wait;wait;+attack;wait;wait;-attack"

May need to vary the amount of waits, but this should solve your problem.
        USAR

Comment

Originally posted by squeak View Post
          That may be due to the durration of the slot switch to the +attack, try this:

alias +fblink "slot2;wait;wait;+attack;wait;wait;-attack"

May need to vary the amount of waits, but this should solve your problem.
          Ah, that works quite well. Ill post me changes once I get some kinks worked out.

Comment

Code:
            alias +fade_metab "slot3; +attack"
            alias -fade_metab "-attack; slot1"

alias +fade_blink "slot2;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;+attack;wait;wait;wait;wait;-attack"
            alias -fade_blink "slot1"

bind mouse1 +attack
            bind mouse2 +fade_blink 
            bind mouse4 +fade_metab
            Seems to work nicely, but rapidly clicking mouse2 causes blink to miss fire occasionally.

Comment

Originally posted by kormendi View Post
              Seems to work nicely, but rapidly clicking mouse2 causes blink to miss fire occasionally.
              Hrm, there are a few directions you can go with how the event is scripted. Let me ponder over it and get back to you.

For ****s and giggles, modify -fade_blink to this:

Code:
              alias -fade_blink "-attack;slot1"
              USAR

Comment

I use a single-blink action and it works fine. For what it's worth I use:

Code:
                alias "w" "wait; wait; wait; wait; wait"
                alias "a_blink" "slot2; w; +attack; w; -attack; w; slot1"
                As mentioned, extra waits are sometimes required depending on the slot change. Although in this case, you hardly notice the extra time. I use a similar action for onos charge and there I had to increase the number considerably in order for it to work as intended.

Just remember that wait is not a constant length of time, but depends on your computer as well as your connection. Above script has been tested for an across-the-pond ping.

Comment

ok, I made some more changes. Cain, thanks for the feedback... having a + and - for my blink alias was causing my problems.

Code:
                  alias +fade_metab "slot3; +attack"
                  alias -fade_metab "-attack; slot1"

alias w4 "wait;wait;wait;wait"
                  alias fade_blink "slot2;w4;w4;+jump;wait;-jump;wait;+attack;w4;-attack;wait;slot1"

bind mouse1 +attack
                  bind mouse2 fade_blink 
                  bind mouse4 +fade_metab
                  I threw a jump in just before the blink... its my understanding that jumping before blinking is desirable, so why not?

Comment

Having a +/- alias is a better option as long as you throw in a -attack in the -fade_blink because when you try to spam the key (hit it multiple times) the script won't reset itself until you release the key, so the script won't run again until it finishes. It's set up to only blink you for a duration per press.
                    USAR

Comment

That's true. Thing is, I'm not really comfortable playing as a fade yet so I use blink as a sort of substitute for jump. This means I just wanted it to execute one blink per key press. For sustained blinking +/- is better if you want to hold down the key.

Comment

For holding down attack too long, try using the mousewheel for blink. Fixes many problems.

Comment

Here we go again, relying on special hardware to get an advantage over other players.

Not everyone has a mouse, Adj.
                          Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

I forsee degeneration of this thread.

First indication - I'M posting in it.
                            Former TGNS admin until WoW blinded me with flashy lights.

Comment

Wow, I KNEW there was a secret towards the godly fades of the server!
                              Anyways can anyone tell me how to apply the script? or should i just practice without scripts, because i used to play gunz, and that game involved.....rapid rapid mouse and button mashing lol
                              Natural Selection name: Fodderkill. Why Fodderkill? Well, its because im so easy to kill hahaha!
                              "Why don't Fades ever die?"
                              -Universal question almost all new players ask at some point, even if they n ever say it.

Forum name: Fat B Man
                              Ingame name: Fodderkill

Just call me Fodder on TS or whatever

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse