marine info plugin

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• marine info plugin

The scoreboard on TGNS now shows which marines are carrying any of shotgun, HMG, GL, welder, mines, hand grenades, parasite (^).

Code:
    S shotgun
    H HMG
    G GL
    w welder
    m mines
    g hand grenades
    ^ parasite
    Yes, the display has to blink. I don't know how to avoid it.

Please provide feedback here.
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Re: marine info plugin

horrible as always wyz.
    actually it looks really good. however, i noticed that the parasite icon doesnt show up for approx 5-10 secs after i've been parasited (i've tried it at different intervals and it doesnt seem to work in that range), but that might just be client-side. other than that, no problems that ive seen.

Comment

Wow, cool, can't wait to jump on the server and check it out.

Comment

Brighten it up a touch? Or is it just me?
        Former TGNS admin until WoW blinded me with flashy lights.

Comment

Once again, you beat the ns devs at another useful plugin.

Comment

It works wonders, however the blinking is really anoying. Is there any way to use icons instead? Sorta like another column in the leaderboard.

-Sirusblk

Comment

The color I'm displaying is pure white (255,255,255). I can't make it any brighter than it is. :(

Something I should have mentioned initially: if this creates performance problems for the server that can't be remedied, it will be removed. Don't get attached just yet.

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Originally posted by Wyzcrak View Post
                The color I'm displaying is pure white (255,255,255). I can't make it any brighter than it is. :(
                I'll clean my glasses then.
                Former TGNS admin until WoW blinded me with flashy lights.

Comment

server_frame_fake ftw.
                  It's in some code snippet on the nsmod.org forums.

Or you can use client_prethink/postthink for updating this, to make it more accurate.
                  (Although, I have no idea what these implementations would do for performance. It will stop the blinking though..I think.)

Comment

If I send it often enough to stop the blinking, clients overload and disconnect.

I've rewritten this plugin from the ground up. I'll be testing it tomorrow night. I'm very pleased with it.

Comment

If you need help with testing, I'll help if I'm able.

What's the info the aliens have been getting?
                      aka Roland tHTG

Comment

Initial testing is very good for this plugin. It changes dramatically how the information is displayed to the aliens (including res counts), but I think it will work just fine.

I had to change the way it displays the information because using the traditional columnar format to display so much additional and variable information made the display look like crap in several of the many, many resolutions in which people play this game. Things just didn't scale right, or they'd never align properly.

The new format I've used looks ... again.... it's very different, but I think it works. I'll try to show it on the server tonight, even if I can't play and have to monitor feedback remotely.

Comment

Wyz, it turned out incredible from what I've seen (which wasn't much to be honest) but i'll definatly start using it more as a comm. It's easyier to know who's supposed to do what, or if i should drop a PG to a parasited guy outside the hive or not, ect ect.

I'm developing idea's for a scoreboard that has res / info (SG/heavy) / Para / Location / health. Basically an entire popup info board for the commander.
                          Man that would be handy..
                          (any dev's reading this? *wink wink*)
                          Ambriento for comm! Vote today!

Comment

Suggestion: remove fade-in, fade-out for the HUDchannel messages. There really isn't a need, and forces one to keep the scoreboard open longer to see the info.

Comment

Yeah. I need to do that.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X