Could we?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Could we?

Make a plugin or mod for NS that made possible the use of something along the lines of a stim-pack that boosted jetpack's thrust?

I see that aliens, with well placed movements, can have infinite adrenaline. I wonder if we could give the marines the ability to spend a bit of res, or points, for a well placed stim-pack (or even add the effect to the cat packs) so that the JP will last a few seconds longer in battle.

Enlighten me.

-Mom
    Yer Mom /O>

To all but me is the look given but never received. My heart sinks faster and faster every time I look into them, yet I do not understand their controling power on my soul. - W11114m W45h1n670n

Re: Could we?

Cybernetic upgrade for CO (In extra upgrades) will provide you with more speed, effectively also gives you more JP fuel.

Comment

I'm refering to NS and Co... do cat packs in NS give you more fuel due to more speed?

-Mom
      Yer Mom /O>

To all but me is the look given but never received. My heart sinks faster and faster every time I look into them, yet I do not understand their controling power on my soul. - W11114m W45h1n670n

Comment

Originally posted by Yer Mom View Post
        Make a plugin or mod for NS that made possible the use of something along the lines of a stim-pack that boosted jetpack's thrust?

I see that aliens, with well placed movements, can have infinite adrenaline. I wonder if we could give the marines the ability to spend a bit of res, or points, for a well placed stim-pack (or even add the effect to the cat packs) so that the JP will last a few seconds longer in battle.

Enlighten me.

-Mom
        Not gonna happen, at least, not here. This falls a little too much under screwing with the core gameplay of NS, which is something we try to avoid 99.99% of the time.
        [volun2]
        NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
        Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
        <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
        <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Comment

Catpacks do effect jetpacks... You fly 25&#37; higher with catpacks, thus using less energy to get to certain destinations.

Comment

Yes, catpacks + jetpacks = Wyz's "Agree Bees" strat!
            birdie_in_Texas:ok..i feel stupid here..what is "NS"..? Wyzcrak:Natural Selection. Don't feel at a loss for not knowing the acronym. Feel at a loss for not having experienced the game.

Comment

snappy gets credit for the name. :)

Actually, a "swarm" of marines entering a hive room at the same time from a vent is all that's required for "angry bees". Weapons and cats just make them more angry. :)
              Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Lawl.

Okay, here's an idea.

For points, actually...

I know that we've normally steered clear of sound clips on the server, but could we develop a plugin that would allow players to assign certain ready rooms certain clips of sound to be bought and added by use of the point system?

And give me some more could we's, darn it!

-Mom
                Yer Mom /O>

Comment

No sounds.
                  Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Lawl. Okay. Shot down before it even got up.

-Mom
                    Yer Mom /O>

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                    X