Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• prediction aiming

Originally posted by Wyzcrak
    I'll keep this short and let questions drive the discussion (if this becomes one). Some of you are complaining about aiming as marines. Enough people think that I'm good at it that I thought I'd share why I think I do as well as I do.

I predict where the target it going to go, and I have my crosshair drilling bullets there as the target arrives as my predicted destination.

Example: If the skulk is running at you, and he's your far left, against the wall, start aiming right, cause that's most likely where he's headed.. he can't go left anymore.. and running right at you is foolish enough that most skulks won't.

Example: You've just unloaded a full clip into the fade. When you whip out the pistol, don't aim at the Fade, aim just to the side of the fade... the side where he'll be headed to make the escape route that you predict him to take. The fade typically only has one escape route, and it's often the path he took coming in.

The delay you require to fire at your predicted location and the delay that it takes the target to arrive at that destination very often synchronize nicely so that you drop almost every bullet you fire into your target.

So, you get the idea. You may not subscribe to it, but it helps me kill you when you're skulk.

Wyzcrak
    Originally posted by triten
    they way i aim is:

I close my eyes and let my 6th sense take over... It seems to be working because when i open them all i see is

billybob lmg "insert your name here"
    Originally posted by Proximae
    My best tip for aiming:

When the skulks are trying to chomp on your buddy, shoot in the vicinity of your teammate. The skulk will be trying to get close to him, so you can very easily predict where he is heading. The amount of re-aiming you need to do will be minimized by not chasing the skulk around the room with your crosshairs as he jumps feverishly around.

Of course, when ff is on this would not be so good!
    Originally posted by Emanon
    Ok im going to through all my Tips back over to this Thread, cause i had some good ones.

Here they go.

HELLO,

When a skulk comes running at you i find it helpfull if you first walk backward firing at him as much as possible. Like anyone would but then when the skulk is almost infront of you jump at him. I find that even if you get bit once the skulk is so confused as to where you are that he really has no chance. Also its fun to jump over a bite its kinda a rush.

Second tactic is to run in circles and continue to shoot. SQUARE DANCE WITH HIM.

Talking about that when you shoot a skulk some times its not wise to hold down the fire button because most skulks will try to hide so that you waste your ammo. Also know when to reload, 2-3 skulks with no carapace can be taken down with 1 clip lmg not upgraded. So if you have 30+ in a clip no reason to reload untill you know its safe.

Never shoot at your teammate cause your bullets will not go through them and hit the skulk.

BIGGEST TIP:

When engaging the enemy I see marines walk backwards and side to side blocking more then 50% of the marines shots comming from behind you.
    If you are in lead you should duck so that the shoots that would have hit your back hits the skulk.
    Another thing as lead man is that you do not follow a skulk that runs into the pack of marines cause all you do is create a traffic jam. What you should do is shoot the skulk as it goes by and then shoot the next one. The marines behind you will shoot any skulk thats on your back.

Basicly as lead man you are captain of all the Marines behind you.
    You are like the captain in all of those movies of the civil war. (exp charging into battle setting the pace of advancement exc...) What would you think if the captain ran back and hid you must trust your fellow marines ability.

Emanon

I want to see more sharp shooters out there.
    No reason why a group of marines cant just walk into a hive and kill it within the first 3 minutes.
    Originally posted by Slurgi
    Also, learn to 'predict' what your enemy will do.

Maybe its a bit low, but if I know that the skulk who just ran ahead of me through the door was Emanon, he will most of the time run to the corner of one of the doorways.

Billybob, when he runs at you, likes to jump on a wall, then jump off.

Although these are the two hardest skulks to kill, knowing what they commonly do helps you predict where your enemy will go next.
    That's not low. That's strategy. :) It's smart competition to understand the mindset of your opposition.

Wyzcrak
    Originally posted by Thanatos-TSA[e]
    Wyz is right - if you can pick out tendencies in your enemies, your life is made much easier.

It's not an easy thing to do in the midst of battle...pattern recognition usually only comes through a concerted effort, and it's hard to find time to do that when you're getting your face torn off by skulks.

Very impressive Slurgi. However, now that Emanon and billy are aware of these 'habits' they've seemed to develop, it's doubtless we'll see something new from them tonight.
    I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
    --Douglas Adams

Re: prediction aiming

My aiming tip is:

Hold down ur fire key, close ur eyes, and pray

Cuz its gonna take a miracle to hit that target
    Watch ur back, only to ShaNked from the front.

Comment

hahaha.

that made me laugh. :)

Yes, in some games I think NS is nothing but a well-managed set of minor miracles.
      Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

question

NS is nothing but a well-managed set of minor miracles?
        answer

every time ender gets a kill

:P

Comment

Most pub games are a match of two incompetent teams and the winner is determined by which team sucks less. Sad, but true.

Comment

Originally posted by TheAdj`
            Most pub games are a match of two incompetent teams and the winner is determined by which team sucks less. Sad, but true.
            That is an opinion, and the same could generally be said of competitive games. The difference is that competitive players judge their peers and pub players don't. Sad, but true.

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

No it's pretty much true, not an opinion. Most pub players totally do not understand the mechanics of the game, otherwise we wouldn't have terrible things like players that have 100 res and never spend it, or two one hive onos when no one drops a hive until 12 minutes. Likewise we wouldn't have marines that do nothing but get resnodes the entire game, despite the commander asking them to do otherwise. Nor would we have marines running into a hive and demanding a phase gate and turrets when it's obvious you aren't going to lock down anything. This doesn't apply to TG for the most part, but it does everywhere else. Saying competitive games are a game of two teams which don't know the game mechanics is absurd. While mistakes are made, they are generally learned from and not repeated. That doesn't mean the team was ignorant of the way the game works.

Comment

I simply stated that you made an opinion, which you did. I wasn't trying to defend the counter-opinion that I claimed someone could make. I was simply pointing out that what you're saying isn't necessarily The Truth.

Comment

Adj has a good point. If you play at pubs its very disorganized and aliens win because that team is based off a lot of solo play. There's a lot more slurs and shouting there, too. TG isn't rid of all this, someone made use of the 'n' word just today :(.

Comment

no...........?

Comment

I agree with parts of Adj's opinion.

Comment

This thread is about prediction aiming not how bad pubs smell.

Comment

"Welcome to Tactical Gamer. Home of the best damn thread hi-jackers ever!"

Comment

A friend of mine gave me the tip to set my sensitivity to a number so that I'd turn 180 degrees in-game with one natural wrist movement. It takes a little while to get used to (I used to play with a sensitivity of 16 mind you), but it *helps* alot. Add to that "staying calm" and "burst firing" and you're well on your way to have a better than average aim.

Comment

I was always curious about the people that claim the best sensitivity is 3 (many of the top clanners play with such low sensitivities). How much of a wrist movement does it take for them to do a 180?
                              Former TGNS admin until WoW blinded me with flashy lights.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X