Fade Binds

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fade Binds

I was discussing this today in game with someone. He wanted to know what my bind set up was for my fade, so I told him.

bind mouse1 "+attack"

bind mouse2 "+movement"

bind alt "+popupmenu"

I bind mouse1 to attack and mouse2 to movement because the fade can move around the map while he meta's this way, and I also have more control over his movements.

You all have seen me run 45-5 or so with a Fade. I'm not entirely as pro as some people are, but I consider my fade game to be rather defined. The reason I'm such a difficult Fade to take down is because I move a lot with my mouse2 and because I meta a lot with my mouse1 while I move. You don't have to be pro to be able to survive with a Fade, you have to be smart. You need to listen and know where your opponents are coming from.

I like to leap into the air as well. This is also very easy with the mouse2 bind to +movement because I can just dart my POV up and right click for a second and I blink into the air. In the stall time in mid-air, I look back down at a target, and blink towards him. Just as I get close enough to hit him, I hit mouse1 and swipe. This will prove to confuse the other Marines around your target, maybe even concluding in him being TK'd. Remember, confused Marines are easy Marines.

Another thing many of you may see me doing is swinging. I've declared the name of what I do swinging because it feels as if I am latching onto a Marine and swinging around him using his body. Of course, it doesn't work like that, but it feels like that's what I'm doing. The way to do this is simple. Say you have a Marine in the middle of a hallway. Blink towards him, holding down your blink, and instead of hitting him head-on, blink around beside him. Just as you pass him, keep the mouse2 held down, and swing your mouse around to keep him in your POV. This will swing the Fade around to behind the Marine, causing him to have to turn his POV around to shoot you. If you don't have Focus, he's probably dead already. If you do have Focus, use the same tactic once he is facing you again, only in a shorter range-frame.

The last thing I want to mention about Fading is their speed. It has been reduced, but it's also been compensated for. Everyone complains of how slow the Fade is now. He's not slow, you just have to hold your +movement or +attack down longer. Blink uses less energy now to compensate for the Fade's slower movement. What this actually does is creates an atmosphere for the Fade to never run out of Adrenaline if used correctly. The normal click time for a blink to take you down a hallway is about 3/4 of a second. Say you wanted to move down Glass Hallway, with the doors open. If you were to come out of AE35 and round the corner, you could successfully blink down the entire hallway to the corner by holding your click for about 1 and 1/4 seconds. That may be a bit much, but it's a rough estimate. Once you have mastered moving in seconds, you can begin to learn to tap-move. This is moving the Fade by positioning your POV in the right direction, and tapping mouse2 or your +attack/movement key. By doing this, the Fade will hardly ever run out of Adrenaline. I can successfully move from Pipeline to Subsector, through double, in Veil and have enough adren left to start meta'ing when I hit Subsector. Say you time your taps to every 2/4 of a second. Tap..tap..tap.. long tap to move down a hallway.. stop for a second... tap.. tap.. tap..

It's probably hard to see in a text format, but once you try it a few times, you will begin to understand.

The Fade seems to have become harder to use, but in reality, it has become an unstoppable machine of carnage if used correctly. Most of you guys complain about the Fade being nerfed, while I rejoice in my Fade game gaining much needed pro-skeelz.

:D

-Mom
    Yer Mom /O>

To all but me is the look given but never received. My heart sinks faster and faster every time I look into them, yet I do not understand their controling power on my soul. - W11114m W45h1n670n

Re: Fade Binds

bind mouse1 kill

wyzprofade
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

WyzproJPthatfailstoevenscareMom'sprofade, more like.

-Mom
      Yer Mom /O>

To all but me is the look given but never received. My heart sinks faster and faster every time I look into them, yet I do not understand their controling power on my soul. - W11114m W45h1n670n

Comment

I have a problem though: I jump w/ mouse 2, so I can't bind +movement to right mouse.

What I really need is a jump script, so I can use spacebar to jump--but even that feels weird (really weird). I've used right-mouse to jump (without scripts), so it's really hard to readjust and I find myself just using the old method of pressing 2 to blink and 1 to attack (which is less effective as almost anyone can testify to, Especially with the change of the blink speed).

Sigh. I use a G5 mouse, and I've tried binding mouse3 & mouse4 to +movement, but that is just uncomfortable. Perhaps I should try binding the sideways middle mouse to +movement...LOL. I dunno.

Give me some viable suggestions from peeps who've messed around with it. I've messed around with it for about 20 minutes total since b.2 came out, b/c I'm already so good at fade using the old stuff. Using the new +movement just causes me to DIE. :(. lol...

Comment

Best I can say is rebind jump to space and deal with it. My setup is WASD, space (jump), alt (menu), b (voice comm), c (map), r (reload), y (allsay), u (teamsay), lcontrol (crouch), lshift (walk), tab (scoreboard), v (chuckle), z (follow), x (heal/weld), mouse1 (attack), mouse2 (+movement).

This has been working for me for a long time, and it only gets better with the +movement contribution.

It makes focus fading a LOT easier.

-Mom
          Yer Mom /O>

Comment

bah, i can't deal with that. I can't deal with jump bound to spacebar except when I'm lerking--also...I need a two-jump script for my lerk so i go faster :X.

gimme someone. lol.

Comment

I also use mouse2 for jump and put +movement to mouse4 on my MX310, that's the back-button on the side under my thumb. You have the same button on the G5 and it just takes a little getting used to. Mind you, I'm still a rubbish fade, but not because of my config.

Comment

standard WASD, Space=jump, c=crouch.
                mouse1=+attack
                mouse2=+movement
                mouse3(scrollwheel click)=popupmenu
                mouse4=+voicerecord
                mouse5=+toggleuberbulletshield

still working on the last one.
                my fade game seems to be improving some though. perhaps i've finally unlocked some secret micron of skill that lay dormant in my head. maybe its just because school/work is driving me insane and i have way too much time on my hands. either way, look out for Ferris Bueller the pro fade sometime around christmas 2063.

Comment

I keep seeing pop up menu bound. I only ever find use for it in combat. What are you guys using it for?

Comment

various things. I don't want to put anything important on mouse3 because its the hardest button to press without scrolling the mwheel or missing or something, so its a natural place for the popupmenu.

I just recently switched to mwheel for jump, before i thought it pretty much sucked, but im liking it a lot more now. I still use space for jump half of the time though.

config:
                    TFGH: movement (my left shift button is broken(on a laptop), so using wasd blows)
                    R: slot1
                    Y: slot2
                    U: slot3
                    E: slot4
                    I: weapon_grenade
                    O: weapon_mine
                    C: crouch
                    X: walk
                    N: map
                    J: use
                    K: drop weapon
                    space: jump
                    M1: attack
                    M2: movement
                    M3: popup menu
                    m4: scores
                    m5: map
                    m6: voice
                    mwheelup: med/heal
                    mwheeldown: jump

its taken a while to get used to the new config(and ive totally blown at fade during that time), but im liking it a lot better than standard wasd now that its mostly broken in. still haven't tried finding the right place for things like ammo calls and such, so i just use the popup menu for those.

on a related but side note, does anyone know how to change the HUD font color? I have really hard time seeing my health as a fade on some maps, and its gotten me killed at least a couple times because i didnt hear the shots hit and couldnt even see any of the numbers when looking straight at them.

Comment

i use dif key setup for every lifeform except leap skulk/fade together (i use arrow keys)

mouse1 attack
                      mouse2 +movement
                      mouse4 slot3(meta)
                      mouse5 acidrocket
                      rshift bunnyhop

only lifeform i dont mwheel bhop because too many keys used

Comment

what does +movement do? is that the attack2 for fade?
                        Never Knows Best

Comment

it blinks for fade, leaps for skulk, and charges for onos. oh and reloads for marines.

Comment

Any of you guys have problems with your "extra" mouse buttons suddenly not working after a map change? I have a Logitech MX510 and m4, m5, etc just... quit after a while.
                            Former TGNS admin until WoW blinded me with flashy lights.

Comment

is your config read-only and they're getting re/un -bound after the map change? other than that i dont have any ideas.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X